Cost of your EMT/Medic Class

I was just wondering what it cost you to take the EMT and or Medic class.

I will be going for an EMT - B and was givin 2 local places on where to take the class. One at the local ambulance station or the community college.

Abbulance company -$280 includes text books,pocket mask,Hasardous Materials R and I certification,WMD,EVOC certification and enrichment in Sports injuries.

Community College -

$119 for 2 books,

$25 fee for something,

$280 for the class

$424 Total

And the woman did not tell me what other certification I would reciving also.

I chose the local ambulance campany to take my class at. And plus I was told that is the best place around where I live to take the class at.

My question is how much did it cost you to take the class.

Thanks

sara

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. Thats cheap.

My medic school in New Jersey was just over $10,000 including books and all other certifications like ACLS, PALS, PHTLS, and so. I think I got screwed on that deal!

My emt-b course cost $160 with books, but i also had my cpr when i enrolled.

paramedic will cost me around $6000 that i'm questimating at the moment.

Will the ambulance company's course allow for college credits down the road?

If not you might consider taking the college program. It may not be that big of a benefit now, but at some point you may see a need to have some additional college credits.

The EMT class I took was 17 years ago, so it's not really going to compare. The paramedic program that I run has been steadily increasing it's price to cover the costs involved. We include books and clinical rotations for $1600 U.S. Since it is through a non-profit facility, this is just enough to cover the total cost of the program with 20 students enrolled. The local community college will run roughly $3-4000. They do offer the same credits for our program once completed. You just have to pay for the credit/hours.

My EMT-B course was $50 plus the book which was $40 that I had gotten online. Medic school, on the other hand was a little more expensive. Being that it is a college program, and I get credits for it. But I'm not complaining. Anyway, tuition is roughly around $6500, plus cost of books, which again I had gotten all online because it was cheaper. Books cost about $600 I think, for all the paramedic books (5 total + work books for each). A BTLS book, ACLS book, PALS, and NRP.

Will the ambulance company's course allow for college credits down the road?

If not you might consider taking the college program. It may not be that big of a benefit now, but at some point you may see a need to have some additional college credits.

The EMT class I took was 17 years ago, so it's not really going to compare. The paramedic program that I run has been steadily increasing it's price to cover the costs involved. We include books and clinical rotations for $1600 U.S. Since it is through a non-profit facility, this is just enough to cover the total cost of the program with 20 students enrolled. The local community college will run roughly $3-4000. They do offer the same credits for our program once completed. You just have to pay for the credit/hours.

That's a good question.

sara

ECA and EMT-B free at volunteer dept. As a paid EMT my EMT-I $1500 + books and travel. EMT-P $1800 + books and travel ( the I course used Paramedic books so not really much more expense for books ) My big expense was travel as no course within 200 miles of home ( hotels, meals, gas, time away from work ).

EMT-A Course, 1990 -------> No Cost

EMT-I Course ---------------> No Cost

EMT-P Course --------------> $3,800 (including fees) + $100's in gas

Being able to post this on EMT City years later ------> Priceless.