Medics Involved in Virginia Tech Shootings.

It is not very often we send out a note a of a job well done in our business. Although, I am sure there were many mistakes and errors during this MCI, as all MCI"s have, Yet, I have been very impressed by the representation of the Rescue/EMS as per interviews on national network television.

Like nearly everyone else I am not aware on how well the MCI was handled, but I have to say that I have watched two EMT's (Both first names are Matt. ?last names?) on several networks. It appears these gentleman did a smart thing and prepared a well thought out statement. I am very impressed with the way they have handled the press, they way they have spoke and in their personal & professional demeanor.

If their actions and treatment is any reflection of the way they described and handled a difficult situation such as national press, and interviews, I am sure they performed their jobs as well.

Again, my personal thoughts as many are with all of those involved in this horrible event, but was glad to see in this dark moment that our profession was well represented by these gentlemen, which is not always the given in such situations.

R/r 911

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbright: :thumbright: To those who were there. As well as, our thoughts and prayers.

From what I saw, I have to agree with Rid that you ladies and gentelmen did a great job in a tough situation.

I have had dreams lately about being the first arriving ambulance at an MCI. Knowing how I have woke up after those, I can not imagine what the real deal would be like.

No MCI/MFI will go perfect.

I have to say, if the response is not being critizised by the public, it could not have been to bad of a job done.

I believe the total number of wounded and Dead number around 50 but that's a number I heard at the early hours after the shooter was confirmed dead.

The ultimate act of cowardice - kill a bunch of people and then kill yourself. It's good to know that it's gonna be pretty hot where he ends up.

I haven't seen any EMS interviews yet, but I did look at their EMS website (someone posted a link earlier).The thing that struck me was that they looked like they enjoy what they do. I was also struck by how young they looked ( that's me getting old I suppose). I have to say I had a gut feeling that they would all be very professional. I can only offer my prayers and condolences to all those who were touched by this horrific crime. Their fellow Students and their Families should be proud of all those volunteer EMT's who looked after the dead, the dying and the wounded in their time of need.

First, kudos to all (EMS included) involved in the response.

Secondly, my heart goes out to all impacted.

I saw the interview that Rid writes about. They should be well thanked for doing such a good job, after a horrible event.

There also was an interview involving a female EMT from the town rescue squad. She was also articulate, and answered questions professionally.

Lastly, I would like to thank Brian Williams (NBC News) for asking appropriate and serious questions of that EMT. I guess the volunteer fireman in him came out. Especially after hearing all of the stupid, insane, horrible, crappy, juvenile, idiotic, dumb, and yes stupid questions and comments by the press at the first press conference.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.