dometic violence

johnhays110966

how many male do you think are being abuse that dont talk about it or it is not reported  

4 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes or no
    • why do you feel they are not reported

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also if you want to comment on someone elses writing, atleast look at your own writing first. 'lol' is a term used by little kids in chat rooms, although by looking at the age in your profile it seems to fit.

Side note: This thread is going nowhere quick.

You make a very good point about looking at your own writing before you post. For example, I didn't know that "atleast" was one word. I guess you can always learn something new.

Also if you want to comment on someone elses writing, atleast look at your own writing first. 'lol' is a term used by little kids in chat rooms, although by looking at the age in your profile it seems to fit.

lol, fixed his wagon! lolz.

good pernt.

It's amazin how fast that a topic can hit the crapper.

Does anyone have anything constructive to add to the dometic violence debate??? I sure dun't.

OK, my $02. on men under reporting domestic violence. I feel there could be several reasons. Men would be less likely to be believed. In most cases, women would do less physical damage to a man than a man to a woman. The reactions from other people. Co workers, family, friends. What will people think if they knew I let a woman beat up on me? I am the man, I should be stronger.

Recognize how difficult it is for women to overcome the stigma and shame that is linked with domestic violence.

This being said, I think it is important to keep in mind there is difference between an incident of domestic violence vs. living in an abusive relationship. The initial poster on this thread mentioned the man going to jail after treatment. I am assuming this is implying the officers on scene did not believe the man as to who is to blame for the violence, and the man went to jail. I haven't heard of any safe houses for men, but I have worked in some for women. I know about threats, intimidation, diminished self esteem, verbal abuse, violence, target hitting, the cycle of violence, loss of personal power and isolation, the affects witnessing abuse has on children and their future relationships.

I have no doubt domestic violence happens to men, but in no way near the same numbers as women, nor in my opinion, in the same manner.

I own a Webster's New Compact office Dictionary, suffice to say any words that I cant recall how to spell, I grab it, it's handy and it sits right beside me.

To understand his question was quite confusing.

10 yrs ago, I got a call through the children's help phone, this young guy telling me he raped someone and he felt he should tell someone what he did, he didnt call to say he felt remorse, he called to gossip about her struggling until she stopped breathing, he said he strangled her.

His first trophy and he wanted to brag about it.

The telephone company traced the call, the cops arrested a 16 yr old for falsifying information, being a nuisance, calling this help line and pretending he did this, causing undue grief, because she stopped breathing. The police were called, and a ambulance. There was no person fitting that description (female).

The lady who took that call, her name was Brenda Janzen, 31. She quit volunteering for the children's help phone, because the way he described how he did what he did to this female, was to her very horrifying and very graffic indeed.