dometic violence

johnhays110966

how many male do you think are being abuse that dont talk about it or it is not reported  

4 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes or no
    • why do you feel they are not reported

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have anything constructive to add.................

He a lumberjack and he's okay, he sleeps all night and he works all day.......

• 1 month later...

Dometic violence, violence against the air conditioning and refrigerator in my travel trailer? Dometic is a brand name.

As far as domestic violence against men, taboo subject. Most men will not report it if there wives or significant other beats them or rapes them. As a man I would have trouble admitting I could not take care of myself.

Okay, here's a woman putting her 2 cents in on the subject. I do believe that violence against men from their significant other is probably just as common as that of men against women. Why men don't report it? Hmmm.... they don't want people to think they are weak. It is embarrassing and degrading for them. This is why the woman does it. It's her way to beat down their self esteem so she can control them. It truly is sad regardless of whether it is a man or a woman.

We received a call for an elderly man who had fallen. When we arrived on scene we found him laying on the kitchen floor unconscious. The right side of his face was swollen and bruised. His wife stated he had tripped on the throw rug and hit the cupboard. This was not the first time we had been called to this residence. I have known the couple for many years. He used to beat the hell out of her every day just because he could. When he was 61 y/o he suffered a stroke and things changed. He depended on her to take care of him. Well, you guessed it. She was taking care of him alright. She would get frustrated with him for soiling himself and blast him so hard it would send him sailing (she wasn't a small woman). After the third call and not quite believing that anyone could fall that much, we did report it to the physician at the hospital that we suspected abuse. After an investigation it was determined that she was incapable of caring for him and he was placed in a nursing home. They are both happy and she finally has some peace and so does he.

This just in:

From the dates of these studies, doesn't look as though its just in.

And regardless how its presented, I wouldn't consider domestic violence to be a bigger problem for men than it is for women.

(I never said it didn't exist)

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

You can manipulate them to prove any standpoint.

I'm sure the stigma of saying "I got beat up by a woman" might be an issue but I think some others come into play. One does not need to be beaten to a pulp to be the victim of domestic violence.

Example: A couple is involved in a heated verbal arguement. The woman throws the TV remote at the man hitting his face and breaking his glasses. He has a small cut on his nose as a result. I'd hardly call that being beaten up by a woman but I would call that domestic violence.

So why wouldn't a man report it? I imagine a fair number of men assume that in cases of domestic violence the police side with the woman and despite being the only person with physical injury perhaps some men feel they will be arrested even though they did nothing wrong. Now that fear may be irrational but it still may be present. I constantly hear divorced men complain about how the legal system shafted them in custody and child support cases because "the judges always side with the women". Well, if that's true then I must be a woman cause I've been to court 3 times in 3 years over child custody and support and the judge has sided with me each and every time.

Another issue may be a man's tendency to let things slide and not dwell on them. "Yeah she hit me with the remote. I called her a #%^$ and left....and I didn't bother coming home that night either." And that's it, end of story. The man brushes it off and gets on with life remembering that he had worse injuries on the playground in grade school. Right way to look at it? No, probably not. But I bet it happens.

On the lighter side: I personally have never been the victim of, or aggressor in, a case of domestic violence. I did hit a woman years ago when I was in karate class and she in turn mopped the floor with my face. But that wasn't violence. That was foreplay.

From the dates of these studies, doesn't look as though its just in.

"In" referred to in here, on this thread, in this Forum, but since I didn't have the advantage of speaking to the dates concerned, I meekly defer.