Homosexuality - Why do people still care?

vs-eh?

Do you have a problem with homosexuals?  

85 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes (explain yourself)
    • No (explain yourself)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly Michael...I'm waiting for a spirited debate...

Indeed! I think this could be a very interesting debate and topic of conversation. Were doing a project at school that’s sort of relevant to this, so...

Timmy you wish you know my opinion - so basically this thread is wanting to know about stuff being put inside someone's bottom? Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah thanks, I get the picture now...

When I woke up this morning and saw VS's latest topic, visions of posts reports started flashing before my eyes. I know this will become a lengthy discussion as long as we keep it on topic and civil. Thus far, I have been impressed by the replies.

Please do not get off track by starting personal attacks. Let us focus on the question at hand.

Now for my response.

What a wonderful topic you have chosen!

Honestly, I do not know why people have so much trouble accepting it. It does not mean you have to agree with it (as many other things in lilfe) but why make your own life and their lives more frustrating by fighting it or trying to discriminate against it. Why can one not allow two people who desire to be together and by all aperances be happy and enjoy life without someone telling them they are wrong and will suffer forever because of it. If that be the case, then so be it...but it is not your life, so let it be!

What are the people so afraid of that are against homosexuality? Are they afraid of being recruited? I can say without a doubt, my life has been threatened enternally more often and I have had more recruiters at my door, malls and on the street by mainstream religion types more than I ever have by a gay. In fact, I have never been asked to join the gay lifestyle. I have never had my car covered in flyers, been woken up early mornings, or seen a little card left in the mens room stalls tellilng me I am going to die or that I need to join the gay lifestyle. I am disappointed!!

The gay lifestyle is not based on total sexual debauchery depsite many claiming that reputation. Like Marty said, a small select few have projected that image and have sooured the majority's opinion of gays. But that small select few that always seem to disrupt are present within any group or organization. The same exist within any major religion. You have fanatics and you have easygoing people.

A loving couple that wishes to unite should be entitled to all the misery that straight couples endure and should be afforded all the same benefits, such as tax breaks, medical and life insurance. Please do not tell me you would just marry your dog for the same reason because your dog does not enter the realtionship willingly!

What it all boils down to is religion (mainly Christianity) versus homosexuality. Ironic isn't it? The love all, forgive all religion can not tolerate an alternative lifestyle. Homosexuality has been around since the dawn of man and it will never go away.

Then people argue, well I am fine with it but how do I explain it to my kids? I don't want them exposed to that shit. Well, this statement has two problems with it. First, if you refer to it like that, then you still have issues with it and are not as ok with it as you think. Second, you expose your kids to it just like anything else in life that you deem negative. If you wish to teach your kids the lifestyle is something you do not believe or support as valid, that is fine but there is no need to breed hatred for it. You teach your kids about handicap people, fat people, they are all different and you tell them it is ok and not to make a big deal out of it. You see someone smoking, being mean or using foul language, you tell them some people do that but you do not feel it is ok. You do not teach them to be filled with hate because of it.

The people that cannot talk to their kids about these things are the same people that don't even talk about "regular sex" with their children. They wait until the kids are in their tweens or early teens to try and mention it and by then it is too late. Sex education needs to start early and needs to start at home. Part of that education is informing them of all the possible relationships they may encounter so that they may be fully informed and aware and able to come to their own conclusions based on the things you have taught them over the years. When you taught your children the family religion, did you also tell them there are other beliefs but we do not follow that doctrine or did you just ignore it all and keep them in a tiny little box hoping it never gets opened? Ignorance is not bliss, it breeds major disappointment and confusion when one becomes no longer ingnorant.

Personally, my children are very aware of alternative lifestyles. I do not speak negative of any religion or lifestyle around them as I want them to be able to make up their own minds. My daughter has a friend in one of her classes that has two mommies. Others view this as immoral while I view it as a child that is loved and has a loving family. How many children out there do not have parents at all or do not love them and we want to make an issue of this one child who has a family? It is that kind of mentality that irritates me. Just because the child has gay parents does not mean the child will grow up gay. That child may actually grow up to be more loving and tolerant than your average child. If the thought process says that a gay child will be produced by gay parents, why do gay children come from straight parents?

I teach my children and live my life by accepting people for who they are. I don't care what belief system you are, what lifestyle you live, as long as you are a good, kind person I will repsect you and offer my friendship. The world would be a much better place were we all able to do this, but I know it will never happen so I do my personal best day by day and teach/lead by example.

Timmy you wish you know my opinion - so basically this thread is wanting to know about stuff being put inside someone's bottom? Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Wow...Hmmmmmm it all boils down to anal sex. Can not even say those words without feeling disgust, shame, embarassment....which is it?

What about straight couple that have anal sex, what about lesbian couples that don't practice anal sex? How do they all fit into this narrow point of view? Is a loving married couple(man and woman) that are devout church goers yet like some freaky deeky sex, even anal wrong? Will they perish in hell? All because they wish to express their love to each other in a committed monogamous relationship?

It is not about sex. It is about two people loving each other. It doesn't involve you so why would you care? That is what we want to know. What is the justification?