Homosexuality - Why do people still care?

vs-eh?

Do you have a problem with homosexuals?  

85 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes (explain yourself)
    • No (explain yourself)

What it all boils down to is religion (mainly Christianity) versus homosexuality. Ironic isn't it? The love all, forgive all religion can not tolerate an alternative lifestyle. Homosexuality has been around since the dawn of man and it will never go away.

OK OK I can not let that liberal statement go............Christianity, Mormons and others may disagree with this choice BUT please be honest here, the muslim faith says that gays MUST DIE!!!! KILL THEM. So please if you are going to be all pc and wam and fuzzy about this - get it right!

You ask why are so many afraid of gays - pppllllleeeeaaasssseeee - they are not scared, but fed up with it being shoved down their throats. Gays have always been around - yes - but hey, why dont people in wheelchairs have the same radical, intolerant, loud shout that gays have? We should have wheelchair-bound people advertising trendy clothes - in EVERY (yes, I mean every) sitcom. We should have redheads screaming for more rights in schools - that all teachers should teach how redheads live and that it is a real choice for every brunette!

If gays shut up and just did what they do behind closed doors - just like many others who dont like anal sex, then all would be well - well until the great day of judgement.

REDHEADS UNIT!!!! WE HAVE RIGHTS TOO!!!!!!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh just another point to upset you some more.........

Several years ago in the Uk, they were discussing passing a new law to lower the age of gay sex from 18 to 16 - the march on Downing Street was not 16 and 17 years old asking for "rights' - but the mob was old, bald, leather clad men- of average age around 50, demanding this!! Hmmmmm - then the very next day after this law was passed - to help 16 year olds come to "terms with their mature choice" - the same OLD MEN were campaigning for it to be lowered to 14!!!!!

JUST A THOUGHT!

the muslim faith says that gays MUST DIE!!!! KILL THEM.

I live in a very multicultural community including Muslims. I know one Muslim guy here is gay, whether he has come out I don’t know? All I can say is, his not dead...

Funny this thread should come up. I had a good friend come out of the closet over my spring break, much to my surprise. I was really worried- about how I could reassure him that I didn't think of him any differently and that I wouldn't turn away from him or judge him. I wanted to be as supportive as humanly possible; because there's still so much misunderstanding and blanket prejudice, coming out of the closet is still a real emotional and possibly physical challenge, depending on whether or not people who are radically homophobic are near you and decide to threaten you or injure you based on your sexuality.

Homosexuality is largely genetic. That's something that science has proven in many species, including our own Homo sapiens. It has to do with exposure to different hormonal levels in utero. How people choose to express this sexuality is the choice... there are flamboyantly annoying gay people, just like there are really freaky swingers or straight folks with devious desires. Some are really in your face about it and others keep bedroom business to themselves.

Personally, I don't want to hear about your normal hetero goings on any more than your freaky hetero or normal homo/freaky homo. Keep it to yerselves! Not something I'm interested in sharing. If you are and have friends who are cool with it, more power to you. :lol:

As for the religious condemnation of homosexuality... heterosexual marriage is extolled as a sacrament because it involves the creation of a new life, the closest that one can get to being God (as taken from some theological viewpoints). Therefore any union where this is impossible is not desirable. Not saying this is what I believe... just adding some extra dimensions to the "WHY" of it all.

As a religious Roman Catholic, I personally believe that it is up to God to judge every person, and therefore not my place. I might not like something... but that doesn't mean I can tell someone they're going to hell. In the end it comes down to that person and the higher power. Therefore, I will keep myself out of it and interact with the person, avoiding judging as much as possible, because hey, I'm as messed up as the next guy. I try to aim for being as supportive as possible... life is rough, and doubly so if you are conflicted about something as basic as your sexuality, or have to fight to express your natural sexual inclination for fear of repercussion.

Paedophilia is a different matter entirely. That is a crime, because a child does not have full understanding of the psychological and physical aspects of sexuality, and cannot give legal consent (rightfully so). Anyone who takes advantage of a child is a depraved individual deserving confinement at the least and death at the most extreme. (I am VERY defensive of children).

Any points where it's unclear how I feel on this issue?

Wendy

CO EMT-B

MI EMT-B

VS just when I thought you have calmed down.. :lol:

Okay I will say it .. It's wrong!. Sorry, the human body and laws of nature was not developed for such. Yes, my personal beliefs is that is not morally right as well. I believe marriage to be of the opposite sex not of one gender and should be considered sacred

Do I have a problem with gays or homosexuals on a individual basis no. Actually, I have several friends that are gay and have worked closely with several, however; this does not mean I will condone their lifestyle. At the same time does not mean I homophobic or will chastise them as well. There are plenty of persons I have made friends with whom lifestyle and behavior is definitely not one I would choose or promote.

Yes, I donate to organizations to promote ban of gay marriages and supported state constitution to prevent such. No, I do not wish ill or harm to others and no it does not make one mean and awful because of one considers this immoral. Just a different view and thought.

R/r 911

What it all boils down to is religion (mainly Christianity) versus homosexuality. Ironic isn't it? The love all, forgive all religion can not tolerate an alternative lifestyle. Homosexuality has been around since the dawn of man and it will never go away.

OK OK I can not let that liberal statement go............Christianity, Mormons and others may disagree with this choice BUT please be honest here, the muslim faith says that gays MUST DIE!!!! KILL THEM. So please if you are going to be all pc and wam and fuzzy about this - get it right!

You ask why are so many afraid of gays - pppllllleeeeaaasssseeee - they are not scared, but fed up with it being shoved down their throats. Gays have always been around - yes - but hey, why dont people in wheelchairs have the same radical, intolerant, loud shout that gays have? We should have wheelchair-bound people advertising trendy clothes - in EVERY (yes, I mean every) sitcom. We should have redheads screaming for more rights in schools - that all teachers should teach how redheads live and that it is a real choice for every brunette!

If gays shut up and just did what they do behind closed doors - just like many others who dont like anal sex, then all would be well - well until the great day of judgement.

REDHEADS UNIT!!!! WE HAVE RIGHTS TOO!!!!!!

If you notice, I said MAINLY Christianity cause they are the most vocal about condemning it. As far as the Muslims, you would be very surprised to find out what they are tolerant of. I know it sounds ironic but seeing is believeing and since you are not over here experiencing it first hand and just going on secondhand information, I presume you are spewing baseless facts.

As for your wheelchair analogy, why yes they did have to get radical and shout to get their rights equalized. Ever hear of the ADA law? Americans with disability act...it guarentees these people equal rights and treatment and yes many people protested against this law because it was going to cost them way too much money to conform, plus they would have to make certain accomodations for employees.

I love redheads...2 out of 3 of my kids are flaming red heads...my father and my sister are redheaded too...but I just never see any of them get discriminated against...maybe I am missing something??

But agian, you closed your argument with a reference to sex. It is NOT about sex! It is about two people wishing to love and be loved and afforded the same treatment as any other "normal" couple. You act as if you can pick out a gay person from any crowd simply by looking at them. This is not true. There are so many that hide it because we make it seem so bad. It shouldn't be that way.

As for military service, our policy on that absolutely sucks ass! There are so many gay soldiers over here serving bravely, yet our top brass says Dont ask, DOnt tell. They will be court martialed or discharged if found out to be homosexual. That means they can not be open about any personal activities for fear of being found out. They can not say me and my BF went camping. or me and my GF did this. Why? They are just as capable soldiers as straight ones. This is not throwing it in your face, it is a normal copnversation topic just as it would be coming from any straight couple. But no they even have to keep that hidden.

Being in Afghanistan, I have had the pleasure of being around a lot of NATO bases, ISAF soldiers (soldiers from every other nation). It is amazing the amount of tolerance displayed by these other countries and to see that there is no ill effects by allowing such.

One day we will grow up and get our heads out of our asses!