True ER humor.........

Mediclcems

These three had me laughing my head off....

Just because you are half my height and I'm a man doesn't mean I am the one to vent all of your repressed rage on towards the men who were bigger than you and treated you bad in your life. We have psychologists for that.

and.....

If I am out of breath when I come through the doors, that's a good sign the patient needs immediate attention.

and...

Call me an ambulance driver and I'll call you a candy striper.

Gold mate, absolute gold! :lol:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like your job, find a new one.

I don't care how many years you've been doing your job. Get up from behind the desk.

I'm having flashbacks to my last shift. Luckily the hospital we use most in our district has a good staff that doesn't blame us for bringing pts in at 3am. A couple big name hospitals have nurses that will literally bite our heads off every time we step in the door; one goes on diversion every time they get more than 5 pts. Do they really think we're that much happier about standing in their ER in the middle of the night listening to them gripe at us? We're not the ones who chose to get out of bed. :? sheesh

Although Aysy I agree with you ! Now here is the ER Bi*ch nurse response back after standing all 12 hours and as of yet been able not even have a pee break. (all in good humor) ..

You know' date=' not that I don't agree with most of the sentiment on the list, but once I get some rest, I'm coming back with my tips for b---chy ER nurses. You need to have a balance for life. [/quote']

Hmm .. can we refer to the video of EMS kicking a restrained patient, and you want us to discuss repressed rage ?

I agree, they were good and shows every thing has two different sides...

3. You don't get to pick your own IV site. This

>>will irritate me and I will probably miss your IV on

>>purpose and start your site in the place I wanted to

>>initially to prove a point

7. Don't ever say things like, "I usually get 4 mg

>>of Dilaudid". Requesting your med and dosage will

>>prompt me to squirt out half of the med before I

>>inject, then I lie about the dose.

When I worked at a cancer research campus, the children of patients (many under the age of 6) would talk about white count results and IV therapy. Nothing wrong with the patient and the families being involved and knowledgeable about treatments. If that threatens you, time to switch careers. What point are you proving by picking your own IV site? Some patients do know the best sites and to turn it into a power play is just unprofessional and juvenile. Yes, I see the humor in the post and do agree with a lot of the statements, just not these malicious ones. Yes, there are whiners and drug seekers out there, but this does not encompass every patient.

We all have our own view points, tolerance and patience do go a long way. Once that is lost it may be time to move on.

this all reminds me of an incident not long ago...

a long ER is cutting back staff and we brought a pt in (frequent flyer) who is known for not taking her meds...we brought her into the er and before i was even given the chance to give report, they scoffed at us and was like "don't you know we're on critical divert??" I replied, "Hmm yes, and she's not critical." mind you the ER was COMPLETELY empty and half the lights were off.... not even a week later (on New Years Morning) we brought a drunk who was high on something in to the same ER and the staff was wonderful and laughing with us.

Although Aysy I agree with you ! Now here is the ER Bi*ch nurse response back after standing all 12 hours and as of yet been able not even have a pee break. (all in good humor) ..

Hey, if I have one more nurse that comes up to my navel give me a hard time for no reason, I think I can get a group rate for Dr. Phil. Next on Dr. Phil "Do YOU have unappreciated martyr syndrome? Watch how Dr. Phil teaches ER Nurses how to 'get real'!"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.