True ER humor.........

Mediclcems

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*meow... snarrrrlHISS*

Whoa! Sarcasm catfight!

You gotta admit... there's funny stuff on both sides of this debate. And no matter where you go, someone is going to be an idiot... in either profession. Doesn't mean that someone's never going to be you, either...

I think there are a lot of things that could improve professionalism for everyone involved here... and I would also add, don't take any of the sarcastic remarks said by either party (see above) as end of the world oh my god they hate us statements. Y'all did notice the title of this forum area, right?

I thought it was funny.

So let's start a dual thread in non-ems discussion... Titled "How to improve the ER's professionalism" and cover things like interacting with EMS, and my own personal beef of the moment, reading my chart before you walk back into my room. Asking me what my vitals were, even on Christmas day when it's my second visit, is NOT a good way to instill confidence. Especially because I was sick enough not to remember.

Let's title the second thread "How to improve EMS professionalism" and let's not disintegrate into another whack the res-q-goof session; we know whackers are not a particular asset. This is not a protocol war... so let's cover things like interacting with the ED and medical control, and tactfully handling situations that *really* didn't need our attention. Not everyone is smart and so... we have to learn how to deal with it.

Hmm... now that I think about it maybe I'll start those threads. Let's see if we can brainstorm some good ideas now that we're attracting attention from individuals poised to do more with the information, so maybe something will start changing. Can you tell I'm in a hopeful mood today?

Wendy

CO EMT-B

MI EMT-B

Yes,..idiots on both sides....

How many times is it where you're bringing in a CPR and some moron asks what his vitals are... :roll:

First of all, I know Asysin2leads is doing tongue in cheek humor with some reality. Although, I can not speak for him, I am sure he is aware of the same. There is no "cat' fight.. etc..

Lighten up... it is called professional rivalry. Like football teams teasing each other. There is not "great" one out there.

Just think if we could not tease each other or even "stir" the pot on this forum, it would be dull sometimes. There is so only so many "I passed and howdy's " posts that can interest one. We are professional enough, to be able to tease and joke and still respect each other in the morning...lol

Eyedawn, you observed and started another good posts on "how to improve professionalism". Yes, there is always room to improve no matter what. Fortunately my local ER daytime shift is filled with RN's that was field Paramedics for >15 yrs., so they respect and understand EMS as well as what to expect from medics. Not all are that way.. yet again whose fault is that really ?

I found and empathize with both your comical satire of ER humor and Asysin2leads as well... both were humorous! . Keep the humor coming..

R/r 911

It was more a sarcastic jibe because anyone who reads this forum knows that you and Asys wouldn't ever truly get into a pointless "catfight"...

I should learn not to post when I'm exhausted. I was laughing at it more than anything else and there's nothing wrong with professional rivalry... hence why I said to the forum in general not to take it as a gospel truth gut fight.

:wink:

Wendy

CO EMT-B

MI EMT-B

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.