OMG!!! Check this out, its a cracker!

BushyFromOz

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, posting a topic stating simply "Look, its a cracker", with a picture of cracker, is really funny on a dry, deadpan, absurdist, Monty-Python type of level. I throughly enjoy that type of humor and I am guilty of practicing it at work, though most people I work with just don't get it, particularly tourists. I usually just get blank stares when I tell them in straightforward manner that the subways only run south on Tuesdays or that they will be unable to view the Empire State Building as it has been taken down for the night.

Actually, posting a topic stating simply "Look, its a cracker", with a picture of cracker, is really funny on a dry, deadpan, absurdist, Monty-Python type of level. I throughly enjoy that type of humor and I am guilty of practicing it at work, though most people I work with just don't get it, particularly tourists. I usually just get blank stares when I tell them in straightforward manner that the subways only run south on Tuesdays or that they will be unable to view the Empire State Building as it has been taken down for the night.

The number thou shalt count to is three......

I thought the Subway only ran South on Fridays....

Ahhh New York,

I was in charge of a group for a band trip. That basicaly meant that I was an 18 year old in charge of protecting 8th and 9th grade kinds in Manhaten. I Ddd pretty well. I did loose a kid in Time Square station, and the same kid again on canal street, and he also nearly fell down about a 10 foot wall of rocks on the downtown side of central park. New York is a great place to visit, but I probably will never live there. In fact the tallest building I had ever seen till I went on a 36 hour bus ride to New York was only 25 stories high. Props to all of you New Yorkers, but I just could not handle New York full time. Great city though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.