Best Interview Questions

chevy

I would go with the spoon as it could be fashioned into a fork or sharpen a side like a knife if the situation required. B)

Definitely the spoon. As with EMS, the key is to start with the broadest possible foundation, and then to shape that into whatever is needed to fit any given situation.

Although, I love the spork idea! :lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Vollie Fire Brigade used to interview potential volunteers when we still had the right to refuse membership.

"So why do you want to be a volunteer"

"So i can serve my community"

"You can serve your community by making sandwiches with the country womens association when they do their knitting classes, why else do you want to volunteer here?"

"............................"

"Think about it and get back to us"

A lot of them never came back

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

Actually, no, we don't care what color you would be. How would you take care of yourself?

-Would you be like the little kid that rips the paper off the outside and chews on the wax and get toothmarks all over yourself

~OR~

-Would you be one of those anal-retentive people that sharpens your crayons constantly and insists that they be in order by color and shade in the box?

Spoon because my response to meeting a new situation is to try to slide under the alien perspective, tip it toward me so I can see it, embrace it, and try to push it closer toward me in order to assimilate it. That doesn't mean I think it's the best way, rather that it's how I'm cut out this time around. The virtue of spoon-feeding is that it leaves the "otherness" intact, and if that otherness really doesn't want to deal, it can return from whence it came minimally violated; I approve of freedom. But effective spooning requires a tender object, which is why tines, prongs, points, and edges have their uses. Only very maladaptive types are unable when called upon to slice with the edge of a fork, scoop with a knife, or clock a problem on the head with the bowl of a spoon, poor spoon. I also play a pretty good napkin.

If I gave this answer at an interview and they said "your hired!" I'd have to say, "I'm sorry, I can't work for you, I have to go home and try to figure out what the hell I'm talking about."

B)

Dwayne

how about

"What would your former employee say about your past performance?"

Or

"Tell us about a time when you had to work as a team to get something done? what happened, was it successful? And if it was successful tell us why and if it was not tell us why?"

Or this one -

a long time ago about 15 years ago I was interviewing for an office position you know filing and filling papers out etc etc. The interviewer asked, Are you gay and if you are not how do you feel working in an office with 5 gay people and one straight person? (Honest, real life interview question)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.