Zoll Or Lifepack

Which one is better?  

75 members have voted

1. 1.

• Zoll M Series
    • Lifepack 12

Hello,

We have the Zoll M series and the Zoll CCT.

They tend to drain the batteries fast. We have bought two of the larger batteries and they tend to last longer. (Many of our ambulance do not have invertors and we have long transport times)

The NIBP tends to say "Recheck NIBP" a fair bit when the BP is less-than 90 or the hear beat is irregular.

Also, all of our Zolls have phantom pacer spikes appear. Soon we will have a software upgrade to fix this.

Plus, the Masimo SpO2 sensory has a hard time picking up a SpO2. Again, "Check SpO2" keeps chirping off. Even when you change sensitivity to high and have it average the SpO2 over a mear 4 seconds.

Also, the standard cable is too short if you remove the Adult Masimo SpO2 sensor and attach the Neonate, or the Ped SpO2 sensor. It is hard to reach things. For example, we have the Baby PodII. A simple transport incubator. The Zoll with the neonated SpO2 won't reach the infant inside. We had to order longer ones.

The Zoll CTT (I can not remember about the Zoll M) has a unique SpO2 port in the back. So, if we lose, or break the Sapo2 cable for the Zoll CTT we can not replace it with the pile of surplus SpO2 cables we have.

Last, Zoll has a unique pressure line. So, you need a Zoll transducer and set up to connect to an arterial line, central line for CVP or an ICP line. The old ProPaq104 fit the standard Kolb transducer set up. Of course, we tried to order a Zoll--->Kolb cable from Zoll but they didn't have one. :lol: We had to order it from an other company so we can simply hook up of Zoll monitors to a patient without much fuss.

The local hospital uses LP.

The LP and the ProPaq104 we had seem to do the job just as well. Of course, I am use to the LP. I am sure that has nothing to do with my opinion on this subject. :D The Zoll CTT has a temp and two pressure lines. This display is clear and colourful. Nice clear 12 leads. I guess I can learn to love them!!! :wink:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with LP12 because as DD pointed out, thats what I'm used to. We have a Zoll M as a backup(dont ask) and ive used it a few times. i dont like the fact that it does not have a battery life indicator, and has only 1 battery, also, the EtCO2 cable we have for it only connects to ETTs so you cant monitor EtCO2 on anyone who isnt intubated. I also used an M in my last ACLS class and I thought it was really easy and quick to select energy and switch between modes.

I have only played with the MRX and it seems like an awsome monitor, i like the large screen and the set up of the whole rig. and ive only heard things about the pic 50, i like its color display even though it is a lil small, and i just dont like the propak for ALS situations because of the lack of defib & pace capability.

I have actually used both and to be honest - I dont care which I use - each has their own good and bad points - I prefer LP12 because of the twirly button/ knob thingy but I prefer the size of the Zoll.

My opinion - I use what they give me to use.

I have always used lifepacks. They are what I know and love. I am not the medical director, so I will continue to use whatever the hell they give me.

Good point! :?

Most of us won't have the position to really change that fact.

They asked us what Defibrillator/EKG-Monitor they should buy for the hole state a few years ago... Zoll M, LP12 or Corpuls06/16 (German manufacturer) were for vote....

Well...we choose LP12 for better NIBP, energy management, better car recharger and nice 12 Lead function...

And what did they do? They gave as a LP12 especially produced serie only with 3 Lead function, AED and pacer mode...

And of course without car recharger...

:evil:

• 11 months later...

I'm the chairman of our equipment committee and we used both of these units along with the Phillips MRx. We did not like the Zoll, main reason was the size, they did not fit our units very well. The Lifepack was the monitor we wanted until we got our hands on the Phillips MRx. This is a super simple monitor to use, very user friendly, the NIBP was the most accurate of the 3, very easy to transmit your 12 leads, it also has a large data management area that holds info on the last 50 patients, and the trending feature makes my life easy with keeping up with times.

And what did they do? They gave as a LP12 especially produced serie only with 3 Lead function, AED and pacer mode...

A local private got something like that, except they got the SP02 instead of pacing.

And yet their weekly newspaper job ad invites providers to join up and use "the latest technology" as they journey towards "the future of EMS." :roll:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.