Zoll Or Lifepack

Which one is better?  

75 members have voted

1. 1.

• Zoll M Series
    • Lifepack 12

The LP 12 is a beast. Like everyone else, I like the knob.

I agree that it is a beast, but I hate the knob. I hate most everything about the LP12.

I opened up a new aid station in Iraq, and they told me to order whatever I wanted or needed. I was like, "YES!!" The only thing they rejected was the MRx, saying I needed to have a defib compatible with the other aid stations on the camp, so I got stuck with an LP12. I was able to order a couple of Philips AEDs before they could reject the order though! :D

One camp I was at, my LP12 came from somewhere in Europe. In the middle of treating a cardiac patient is the wrong time to figure out that the Euros use different coloured leads than the civilised world! :shock:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trained on lifepaks, use Agiliants:Zoll and MRX at work *Coronary Care RN*. The MRX and Zoll get taken on transfers to other facilities. The zoll is lightweight yes, but I dont like it cause the screen is harder to read and is not a comfy unit to carry. I'd have the MRX over the Zoll and I'm sorry to say, the Lifepak any day. Has to be the most user friendly ALS monitor I have ever used and is lightweight and the screen is great to use. Love the Heartstart first aid AEDS and the FR Plus units that Dust *I am assuming* ordered.

Yeah find it wierd the different colour system of the leads, we use the american model of colours. Makes it easier to remember the placement.

Now if they gave me the MRX with paddles, I'll be a happy happy lad :D

Scotty

Yeah, the Heartstart FR2+ is da schiznit! Best AED ever, hands down. For the longest time, it was the only one that was FAA approved, so they had a good market. I ordered three of them, and when other camps saw them, they wished they had them instead of the worthless LifePaks. In the last several years, Medtronic has actually redesigned their AEDs to incorporate the features of the Philips, lol. Losers. Philips developed the attenuated pedi pads for use on adult AEDs, yet they freely gave the technology to the other manufacturers, just to get it out there. That says a lot about the company. But for a few years, Philips was the only AED that was approved for pedi use because of that.

Nobody warned me about the different colour EKG leads. I was frantically calling people at other camps, while my patient laid there, asking if they knew which lead was which, lol.

I'd be shocked if more than five percent of those who offer an opinion have actually used both models enough to judge.

People just go with what they know and stick with it. Otherwise, Lifepak would have gone out of business a long time ago.

I can say I know of that 5%. One agency I used to work for switched from their old lifepak's to the Zoll. Of course, it was made without the opinion of the field personel because Zoll offered a nice bulk discount. And of course, no one who actually uses them are happy. They all miss their lifepaks and think the Zolls suck.

Me, Im partial to Zoll because its all I know, but thats why Im not going to actually cast my vote. Id always be willing to try new equipment, preferably before its thrown at me by higher ups who dont use it or care about performance though lol

Just to add to Physios misery and battles with the FDA

SPECIAL EDITION

Cardiovascular Business | Cardiovascular Business News| Portals| Subscribe| Contact Us

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2008

Physio-Control recalls faulty defibrillators

Physio Control, a subsidiary of Medtronic, has issued a recall of its LifePak CR Plus automated external defibrillators (AED) used by emergency or medical personnel to treat adults in cardiopulmonary arrest.

The device is being recalled because it instructs the responder, by voice prompts, to press the shock button, which is covered and not visible. Therefore, the responder is not able to provide shock therapy, according to the FDA.

The agency said that the AED should be removed from service or the manufacturer-provided diagram should be consulted to remove and discard the shock button cover.

According to the FDA, the device was manufactured from May 20, 2004 through Aug. 11, 2007 and distributed from May 20, 2004 through Dec. 4, 2007.

The Redmond, Wash.-based Physio-Control began calling their customers on Aug.28 to:

Describe the problem of the covered and invisible shock button, and the inability to provide shock to adults who may be having a heart attack; and

Inform their customers that their AEDs would be replaced immediately.

The company sent a follow-up letter that was faxed or emailed the same day stating that customers should immediately perform one of the following actions—remove the affected AEDs from service, or remove and discard the shock button cover.

The company said it completed notifying its customers on Sept. 2.

In its notification, the FDA said that healthcare professionals and consumers may report any problems with the use of this product to the FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, by regular mail or by fax.

In May, top executives of Physio-Control signed a permanent injunction issued by the FDA related to AED, which prohibited the manufacture, distribution and export of specified AEDs at or from Physio-Controls facility in Redmond, Wash., until the devices and facilities proved to be in compliance with the agency's current good manufacturing practice requirements.

Seems like they can't do anything right lately!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.