Zoll Or Lifepack

Which one is better?  

75 members have voted

1. 1.

• Zoll M Series
    • Lifepack 12

We recently switched over to Zoll E series initally we had alot of artifact problems to begin with the had to update them twice with newer software and stronger filters, to actually be used in the back of the units. They finally admitted after them blaming us for 2-3 months that it was a problem with the filter in the machine being way to sensitive. Now I haven't had any problems with them, although I don't like the separate capnography unit that ships with them I have had problems with it becoming unhooked to the monitor and giving faulty readings and waves. If anyone is going to buy them go with the thickest lead cables they sell the thin ones that come with it are terrible.

I do like the Phillips we got to test them for about 2 months through a program with a local hospital, great monitor I loved the fact you could pull the 12 lead up on the screen before actually printing it. Also the lay out of the screen and buttons was great, again as with Zoll we did see an increase in artifact against the lifepack. If there is one thing the lifepack 12's gave us, was a very clear EKG.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Were working mostly with the Lifepaks although most of us hate them due to the same reasons as mentioned above.

But, as we heard from the chiefs, 12 years of complaining just suceeded and they are planing to buy a new series of defib/monitor. As far as we know the Zoll or the (in the German speaking nations very popular) Corpuls (http://www.corpuls.com/en/corpuls3.html) are in discussion 'cause philips didn't even respond to the invitation to offer..... :shock:

I hope it will be the Corpuls device...Pretty cool new stuff of technology...Bluetooth rulez:D

I use 3 monitors...at the FD I worked for and at the hospital, we use the Phillips MRx (absolutely LOVE them!). At the Ambo company I work for, they use the Zoll M's for interfacility (only 5 lead capability), and for their 911 cars, LP12's with all the bells and whistles. All of them have issues with their respective NIBP's...I've been told this is mostly due to movement in the chord while getting the pressure. All are ok and fairly easy to use...although the hardest one to use is the LP12's with that stupid dial.

I used Zoll M last year and converted to MRx just a couple of months ago. I have to say i really am impressed with the MRx, especially the battery life. My only complaint is that the electrodes we use tend to unclip from the leads easier than they did with the Zoll.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.