What is the most common call out in your area?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live right in the middle of the piute atv trail, yep most of our calls are atv accidents, sometimes it takes us a good 2 hours to get to the patient and even longer to get them off the mountains, we have had more accidents and more serious injuries than we have ever seen before.

Sounds like fun place to work since all you do is trauma and not granny hauls.

Since joining IMERT and moving into MCI/Terror/Disaster Medicine, I dont run with EMS much these days except to keep up my CEUs and keep the skills ready to go. But I would have to say the most common call we get sounds like "Charlie 34, please respond 123 Smith Street, unknown medical." And if you ask if she has anything further on that call she barks back "I SAID unknown medical!!!"

Speaking of IMERT, someone pointed out to me that there was a thread recently that was discussing wither MERTs, DMATS, MRCs, etc were necessary or a waste of time and money? Im interested in reading it but cant find it for the life of me. Anyone point me in the right direction? Merci!

How Copy?

Since joining IMERT and moving into MCI/Terror/Disaster Medicine, I dont run with EMS much these days except to keep up my CEUs and keep the skills ready to go. But I would have to say the most common call we get sounds like "Charlie 34, please respond 123 Smith Street, unknown medical." And if you ask if she has anything further on that call she barks back "I SAID unknown medical!!!"

Speaking of IMERT, someone pointed out to me that there was a thread recently that was discussing wither MERTs, DMATS, MRCs, etc were necessary or a waste of time and money? Im interested in reading it but cant find it for the life of me. Anyone point me in the right direction? Merci!

How Copy?

Unknown medical = I want a ride to lunch.

Heres the topic you asked about:

http://www.emtcity.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9915

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.