What is the most common call out in your area?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends where we work. EMT class had me all prepped to expect mainly geriatric calls, but then I moved areas.

I'm new, but it's been mainly TCs, SOB, pregnancy-related, seizures, syncope of some kind. They often seem to come in twos...kinda funny that way.

I live in a rural area ......old coal mining town so most of ours deal with COPD .....but we do get CP CODES OD especially now that the holidays are coming that one will go up....MVCs are big here too ......nothing like those country boys 4 wheel drives and dirt roads....hey 304 thanks for reminding me yes we get the NH calls too........more if i am at work at the NH ... 8)

Oh Becksdad was that a personal attack in your comment?........shame shame shame :roll: :roll: :roll:

Terri

1073-1.gif

Our Dispatchers (for the City where I work) usually page out "General Medical"

This has been everything from a "My Finger Hurts" Call to a multi car 16 patient MVC.

We see it all for a smaller (but RAPIDLY growing) town.

My personal favorite and a very common dispatch is for the "butt breathers" they are "altered LOC butt breathing" and "unconscious butt breathing". I listen for lung sounds down there but can not hear anything. I must be in need of a fancy cardiology stethoscope. :D

Here in southwestern Missouri we see more psych/drunk/OD/BS suicide attempt then anything else. Most of these seem to be male alcoholics with no warm place to spend a night. The second most common call I see here is the female that's sick with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, bipolar, abdominal pain call. They're all on disability, all on medicaid, and none of them have gainful (or even non-gainful employment.) My health insurance is through the roof. Maybe I have should get fibromyalgia. It could be contagious.

chest pain, chest pain, chest pain........... i even had someone from out of town today (who listens to area scanners religiously) comment on "yall sure do have a lot of chest pain calls out there..."...... lol...... guess that's southern cookin for ya.... lol.....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.