Idiots on the road

CrazyNCute02

Last weekend I was drivin' the ambulance back to a pt.'s residence on a normal transport run. We were already havin' a bad day with dummy drivers on the road & I had a feelin' one of them was gonna hit us eventually. Well, I'm drivin' up this congested 2 lane road & I look in my mirrors & see this chick tailing us with only about six inches of distance. I tap my brakes to give a lil hint. Not taken. I was bout to hand my partner my cell to call the aggressive driver hotline (oh wat a beautiful thing it is!!) and a guy stops short in front of me. I stop, and of course the dummy in back of me slams into me. Thankfully, I was driving the box, not the 'van'bulance that day. So I get out, already in the process of calling 911. She's out already picking up her license plate (lol) and I realize my ambulance has no damage. Her bumper will prolly need to be replaced. I ask her if she's ok and she asks me why I'm on my cell. I tell her I'm calling 911, she gives me a hissy look, and goes on her phone. I'm waiting in my ambulance, and her husband actually comes up to my ambulance and asks me if we could resolve this without making a report. :shock: Later on, cops arrive & the couple started trying to tell the police it was my fault. The cop tells them why they are at fault & the couple now gets hissy with him. The policeman actually had to ask the husband to leave (he had driven there in his own car after the wife called.) The lady even got nasty with me when I simply asked for insurance info stating "Why??? Your ambulance has no damage. My car is the only one that has damage!" We're now wondering if she's gonna try something because at the end, she told the policeman to hurry up because she was 'feeling sick'. :roll: Anyone else have ridiculous stories like this????

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tap my brakes to give a lil hint.
This is NEVER a good idea.

This person obviously had no insurance, or was such a terrible driver, 1 more ticket or at fault accident would be the financially disaterous. Having driving in NJ many times, I'm not surprised by her tailgating or her reaction. :wink:

Several years ago we had a van roll over on the interstate north of our district. There were 9 occupants in the van, 2 fatalities, the van rolled on top of them after they were thrown out. We were among the three other districts called in for mutual aid. for the two additional accident victims. The interstate was covered in what we call black ice, slicker than snot. They had two fire trucks, big yellow ones blocking lanes, state troopers, and three ambulances, we where the fourth called. This idiot drove off the shoulder around the firetrucks and past the state trooper and nailed one ambulance smack a@! in the back. The Emts got broken arms, shoulders and legs. The critical patient they just loaded into the amublance died.

Yep there are idiots out there.

One "cure" for tailgaters is to turn on the rear flood lights. Not nice, maybe not even strictly legal, but effective.

Be careful out there!

I was thinking about that!!! LoL. 3 things made me not do it. One, it was daytime. Two, if she's that close to my ambulance, can she even see the rear floods???? Three, if shes such an idiot to be that close to my ambulance, wtf would she do if she got a lil spooked by the lights??

Welcome to New Jersey? I have come to the conclusion no matter what time of day or night, many people just can't drive period. So many times have I been tailgated or gotten behind someone doing 15mph under the limit for no apparent reason. Not saying I'm perfect myself and can be aggressive sometimes, but these people are out of control.

We had an MVA back on Saturday that wound up being a medivac due to a 4 year old with significant head trauma, one lady stopped the cop directing/controlling traffic to ask if she could cut ahead to get her child to a birthday party :roll: unbelieveable.

I live/work in a very suburban area, I chalk some of it up to the housewives/soccer moms running around trying to drop the kids off and get errands done so they can cheat on their husbands before they get home.

CrazyNCute02 wrote:

I tap my brakes to give a lil hint.

This is NEVER a good idea.

lol - i wait for the day that this happens to me and the jack ass behind me driving a new falcon or a commodore or a BMW, so when they hit my shiit box and only cause a little bit of damage they write it off and i get a new car

I was riding third on a medic unit when we were responding to a code. we were making a left onto a major road when BOOM a wrangler t-boned us. we were going lights and sirens and she hit us. we get out and examine her...smell etoh like crazy ..she then admitted to the police that she had been a a party the night before, speeding, and not wearing a seat belt. She got charged with failure to yeild, speeding, driving w/o restraints, and reckless endangerment. then she failed to show up for court, gave false insurance to workmans comp has a claim against her for our injuries.

stupid stupid people. she totalled the medic unit btw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.