Perfect EMS

Timmy

See, kids... this is what happens when you jump into a conversation already in progress, making assumptions you have zero evidence to support. If our new friend had bothered to actually read a little around here before appointing himself my psychoanalyst, he would have known that I criticise paramedic education as heartily as I criticise basic training. They both suck.

Ha! Get over yourslf. :)

so true you yell at everyone (no matter there training) just for the fun of it

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle, you're going to come to understand (hopefully) someday that people that have an intelligent critique of you and your opinions are your best friends. (If you don't think his opinions are intelligent then knock his weewee in the dirt next time he's wrong. I'll bet he'll thank you for it.)

The fact that he enjoys it just makes it fun...and funny.

Run away from people that tell you you're doing everything right...they are helping you fail.

I want to be better tomorrow than I am today...I can't be my best by myself, unless being by myself is my goal.

Dust may get under your skin, but I guarantee you that you are smarter today because of him...And the others like him.

Keep your chin up, the fact that you keep coming back speaks volumes about you....

Dwayne

EDIT: for spelling...sheesh.

WOW!!!! 9 months part time! Even our DIV 2 Nurses (old peoples nurse) have more training than that. 1 year full time at TAFE. How could you learn everything you needed to know in 9 months!??

The answer is you can't .....here you goUncle_Salty..! How does it feels to be compared to a pedicurist and that they require longer length school than an EMT ? And their average salary is more than the average EMT!... Kinda knocks the wind out huh?.... Just think the people that cut your toenails and fingernails requires more hours in education...!

Pedicurist: Career Education Profile

Pedicurists are specialized cosmetology professionals. They primarily work with a client's toe nails, shaping and cleaning them. Read this article for further details about what a pedicurist does.

What is a Pedicurist?

A pedicurist, also known as a nail technician, specializes in cleaning, shaping, and painting clients' nails, specifically toe nails. Pedicurists may add acrylic nails to a client's natural nails to give it length or to make it easier to style. Most pedicurists work in nail salons, hotel spas, or other all-day spa facilities.

Education Overview for a Pedicurist:

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, the training for manicurists and pedicurists takes significantly less time than the training for barbers and cosmetologists.(Approxinately 300 clock hours) In order to become a licensed pedicurist, students must complete a cosmetology program. These programs are available at community colleges, technical schools, and cosmetology schools. Most students enroll in a manicure program and take courses that are specifically related to pedicures.

Occupational Information for Pedicurists:

In the upcoming years, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that there should be continued growth in the number of nail salons and full-service days, which will increase the number of available jobs for manicurists and pedicurists.

Salary Information for Pedicurists:

In 2004, the median salary for manicurists and pedicurists was $18,500, as reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

R/r 911

Kyle, you're going to come to understand (hopefully) someday that people that have an intelligent critique of you and your opinions are your best friends. (If you don't think his opinions are intelligent then knock his weewee in the dirt next time he's wrong. I'll bet he'll thank you for it.)

The fact that he enjoys it just makes it fun...and funny.

Run away from people that tell you you're doing everything right...they are helping you fail.

I want to be better tomorrow than I am today...I can't be my best by myself, unless being by myself is my goal.

Dust may get under your skin, but I guarantee you that you are smarter today because of him...And the others like him.

Keep your chin up, the fact that you keep coming back speaks volumes about you....

Dwayne

EDIT: for spelling...sheesh.

lol! i never said anything against Dust hes awesome i think hes hilarious.

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, the training for manicurists and pedicurists takes significantly less time than the training for barbers and cosmetologists.(Approxinately 300 clock hours) In order to become a licensed pedicurist, students must complete a cosmetology program. These programs are available at community colleges, technical schools, and cosmetology schools. Most students enroll in a manicure program and take courses that are specifically related to pedicures.

And most of them are bilingual too!

That puts them leagues ahead of most EMTs in the education department! :D

The answer is you can't .....here you goUncle_Salty..! How does it feels to be compared to a pedicurist and that they require longer length school than an EMT ? And their average salary is more than the average EMT!... Kinda knocks the wind out huh?.... Just think the people that cut your toenails and fingernails requires more hours in education...!

Pedicurist: Career Education Profile

Pedicurists are specialized cosmetology professionals. They primarily work with a client's toe nails, shaping and cleaning them. Read this article for further details about what a pedicurist does.

What is a Pedicurist?

A pedicurist, also known as a nail technician, specializes in cleaning, shaping, and painting clients' nails, specifically toe nails. Pedicurists may add acrylic nails to a client's natural nails to give it length or to make it easier to style. Most pedicurists work in nail salons, hotel spas, or other all-day spa facilities.

Education Overview for a Pedicurist:

Occupational Information for Pedicurists:

In the upcoming years, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that there should be continued growth in the number of nail salons and full-service days, which will increase the number of available jobs for manicurists and pedicurists.

Salary Information for Pedicurists:

In 2004, the median salary for manicurists and pedicurists was $18,500, as reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

R/r 911

I bet you've just been WAITING to unleash that little gem, haven't you?

We could look at in terms of semesters. In consideration of the two and six month paramedic programs spreading like wildfire I guess I could become a paramedic quicker than a pedicurist. Or a medical records transcriptionist. Or an administrative secretary. Or maybe we could consider quality of education. So I guess one day when a loved one of yours needs resuscitation in a remote cotton patch in nowhere, texas where ALS is inconceivable, you can send for the nail technicians.

Ye Gadz! it took a while to read all this, and im sorry i didn't pay more attention, but as my young friend timmy has some people confused about EMS in Australia

000 services are covered by State government funded services. In these services and broadly speaking there are roughly 2 levels of provider. Paramedic which i guess you could say is an EMT - I or there abouts, and some form of Intensive Care Paramedic.

there are no private companies or fire departments doing 000, except some first response but that is limited to some select fire departmnents and is only for MVA where they are first on scene, and cardiac arrest due to shorter response times. In areas where fire is doing this the standrds are set by the states service or government and there are clear boundaries as to what the fire department can and cant do EMS wise

Now EMT as aqualification varies quite a bit from place to place, but in general terms it is developed for industrial organisations and is sold as a course by registered training companies and in most cases the name "EMT" is just that - a name. Organisations are not required to have this level of training in their workforce, but there are advantages in insurance etc. It far exceeds what is the minimum requirements occupational health and safety wise.

A few of the EMT type courses i know of are trained to use the drugs found in remote areas. EMS in remote areas is generally covered by Royal Flying Doctors Service (RFDS). Remote locations also have a kit that contains some of drugs and interventions that can be performed by a trained first responder of some sort, and with the permission of the Doctor who is on the plane flying to their location. For example anti venom can be administered under medical control to a patient at a remote location.

EMT type courses in aus go a little bit further into this to allow some advanced airway management procedures and fluid resus, but is usually under the control of a doctor from RFDS, or an onsite doctor employed by the organisation - its placing a higher level of first responder at locations that do not require or cannot afford a frontline ambulance paramedic

The other place you see EMT type people is at motor racing, sports etc Who again are trained to a level a bit higher than advanced first aid, but again below ambulance paramedic

So yeah some can do tubes and IV's, none do 000, and EMT is just a broadly used name.

Its a shame, i work for a company who does event support as en EMT type person, and we get chided very harshly by a lot of the state service guys from being wannabe ambo's, and trying to take their jobs - yet they will also whinge when its them at the football handing out icepacks instead of us - really bad attitudes toward anyone other than themsleves

Dusty, as to officers taking ambulances home - usually done by people who are rostered on call. In the case that the ambulances in station are all busy and a job goes down, they page the on call and 2 cars with one officer in each go directly to the job and either await a car to come and take over, or do the Tx and Rx themselves

P.S. 000 = Aussie 911

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.