The Mouthwash Riddle, SOLVED! (kinda gross, btw)

Asysin2leads

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow it sounds like everyone so far has had it real easy when it comes to mouthwash. In Tulsa the Dollar stores would sell a gallon of generic mouthwash for a buck. We would get calls for groups of homeless passed out behind the various dollar stores with the prerequisite bottle of el-cheapo mouthwash laying next to them. A2L be happy that mouthwash is more expensive than real alcohol and they are stealing it, when it gets real cheap it becomes the drink of choice for the "Urban Adventurer."

On a side note, I had the situation above with five homeless guys and they all wanted to go to the same hospital. It was a basic friends stick together situation and the other choice was jail for public drunkenness. So rather than call in a second unit we hauled all five to Hillcrest in Tulsa. The Charge Nurse was less than thrilled when I walked in five intoxicated patients, she was on the phone complaining to the supervisor before I even finished the paperwork. The Nurse felt that the patients should have been split among the three hospitals in the neighborhood, not just Hillcrest. In her mind it was acceptable to put three units out of service to haul five guys who were just using a trip to the ER to avoid jail. The supervisor sided with us and the "patients" left the hospital within 30 minutes. Just goes to show the stupidity of the "ER or Jail" situations that go on in some cities. I thought it was funny though, I wasn't a real fan of Hillcrest anyway. :lol:

The nastiest thing I seen a person drink was carburetor cleaner, he cut the can open with a knife and drank the fluid inside. Also Lysol was popular, they spray the contents into a can of bottle and then drink it.

:puke:

P.S. For those that ask how can one unit transport five patients? We put 1 on the cot, three on the bench and 1 in the airway seat with me standing and going from patient to patient. Big fun! :wink:

I went into my local supermarket one day to buy some ingredients to make a cake. I looked and looked and couldn't find any bottles of vanilla extract.

The manager told me that she couldn't keep bottles of vanilla extract on the shelves anymore, because the owner of this supermarket (a known alcoholic) would come in and swipe them all, drink them down and promptly become staggering drunk!

I guess vanilla extract tastes better than Listerine and Lysol! LOL!

From my days working at a grocery store, if I remeber correctly, vanilla extract is 70% alcohol, while peppemint extract is something insane like 95% alcohol. Lets go make some cookies and get buzzed.

Kids as young as 8 were huffing gasoline up in the Northwest Territories.

Here in Calgary, a good can of hairspray, they turn it over and puncture it and mix it with something, cheers! You walk downtown where they all hang and you would see hairspray canisters all over.

Friday at Safeway the Natives were scouring the garbage for returnable cans, bottles they take it in, get money and off they go to buy their whatever's?

At least she was minty fresh.

I haven't noticed that problem here, our few urban outdoorspersons still drink real alcohol.

When I was young (before I got rich working EMS), I worked security at a mall. Many times we caught, or took reports on people stealing Nyquil.

Minty fresh? in London we have a number of regular urban outdoorsmen who regular abuse mouthwash and "minty fresh" isn't a term I would use to describe them.

Some one further up stated that some bottles of booze are cheaper and he doesn't know why they would choose mouthwash? Around here some are quite well known to the liquor stores and cant purchase it, so there options are limited.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.