Ruff's list of do not touch topics not to post on EMT CIty

Rid wrote:

My opinion, most on here have and never will work in the field. What I mean by working is more than running 10 calls a month with the gang, so they can wear that neat FIRE/RESCUE T-shirt. We that generate the majority of the posts in regards to education, professionalism, career, etc. take this business serious, because it is our livelihood and career.

I would say for the majority yes. I would be happy doing 10 in a 24. I have also worked with medics and basics been on this job 30 years, they don't crack a book unless they can order something to eat out of it.

They're also untouchable. Gotta love unions.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have to have Unions for that attitude.. I too have some that USED too do that ..They were the first to bitch and gripe about NO education as well.... :? ... Hang on Nelly! Now they are going to get some... so far there will be at least 70 to 100 hours worth of CEU's that they will be able to get between now and the end of the year... new philosophy, don' have enough CEU's at the end of the year to recertify, automatic dismissal!... One better watch what they bitch about...LOL :wink:

two points to make

No your mom cannot out drink my mom - NUff said

and it was father mulcahy with Radar manning the radio. They did it on a guy on a stretcher on the jeep.(sounds like clue huh?)

Peace out and whatever

Mike

My opinion, most on here have and never will work in the field. What I mean by working is more than running 10 calls a month with the gang, so they can wear that neat FIRE/RESCUE T-shirt. We that generate the majority of the posts in regards to education, professionalism, career, etc. take this business serious, because it is our livelihood and career.

We are not it for the fame, glory and therefore we actually take EMS what is was designed for..delivery of patient care.

When I first started here, this site was filled with several whackers, and within the last year many have left to other whacker sites so they can talk about how many light bars they have on their vehicle, etc. Thanks to Dust, PRPG, Ruff, AZCEP, Anatomy Chick, and even ACE with his numerous studies and annoying soundtracks (LOL) as well as many others that I have failed to mention, this site has became more respected and if you note the numbers of posting(s) VERY, strong. I believe you would be surprised on how many e-mails, I receive daily about career & education choices, treatment modalities, as well as personal issues. We have steered or directed many away from disastrous thinking, and antagonized others to read, explore, and research, to hopefully make a wise decision.

Sure there are many that attempt to sideline things, but usually the "core" will present documented, educated proof, as well as experience to either clarify the issue or to show the correct way. Does this mean we always agree... heck NO!, but, we as professionals can respect and appreciate each others opinion, and ALL of us realize we learn something new every day, and we will always do so.

When a controversial subject occurs, that is when the posts start increasing, as well as the number of hits to read the discussion. There are many "feel good" EMS forums, that pussyfoot around things, never wanting to "hurt" some one's feelings, at least here... we are honest on ho we feel, like it or not! As well, we have no problems telling if you are wrong, and we will prove why. Again, this is why this site has flourished, and has several posts a minute, not days. Yes, we antagonize.. that's' our job...LOL

Things to stay away from, I believe are some deep personal issues such as religion, sexual orientation and practices, and other private matters that will not involve EMS, working environment, or patient care.... I don't count politics, since that funds us.. :wink: ..

Be safe,

R/r 911

DITTO! That's a lot of the reasons I joined this forum a little over a month ago! I'm a medic with 23 years experience and I am not only impressed with the knowledge you youngsters possess, I am actually learning. EMS is a hell of a lot better now than 20 years ago and at the risk of seeming like I am sucking up the credit for that goes to people like you. There is also nothing wrong with a little controversy either. Great job !

Thank your Rid for your first post, I totally agree. And I whole heartedly agree with all the other ones too. A lot of stuff on here has become either a b***h session about what people can't do, or stuff to make people look bigger and better.

Also, people should try and do some research before posting, a lot of stuff has already been said in previous threads. And delete the people that look like they are looking for dates, marriage and other activities. Post in the right forum or better yet, keep it professional.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.