The Best Chief Complaint

millerjjr

17 year old male came to the ER with his dad, pt. was chewing on a butane lighter when it exploded in his mouth.V/S are good O2 sats are 99 on room air,poison control was contacted for advice.Pt. was discharged with a minor burn on his toung.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/font:257c0cba91] A few come to mind;

The 20ish male, very, very violent who claimed that aliens were trying to get into his head. I know we are not supposed to play into their hallucinations, but the only way I could keep us all safe was to tell him my ambulance had a force field around it to keep the aliens out. We had a calm ride after that.

Had the 50ish female who called us at 3AM to massage the charley horse in her leg!!

And in the ER:

A 20ish F who claims she was stuck in an elevator for 30 minutes, THE DAY BEFORE, and it was scary, so she wanted to be checked out today.

And the F who came into complaining of foot fungus that she had been suffering from for over 3 years!

You just can't make this stuff up!

• 2 weeks later...

Two calls come to mind -

1. Call to peel an old mans orange he was trying to eat.

2. Call to programme a VCR that the guy had received as a christmas present - on questioning the validity of the call - his comment was - "well you are a public servant - serve me"

He promptly got told where he could put his VCR!!!!! :twisted:

Andy

I have a kink on the right side of my neck and my back (shoulder blade) the pain is really bad but you wont expect a call anytime soon unless I OD on the muscle relaxants I have.

I cannot believe what these people are thinking, can you not swear, kick the garbage can, throw a temper tantrum?

Our EMS tell ppl here if your having difficulty still, you could always call us back and we will try to hurry them up.

Really? I guess the emergency isnt really that bad-or the medics who came to a guy unconscious on the major road here, turned out he was so drunk that the best place for him to pass out was right where he dropped-on the shoulder of the road.

Not sure if it quite fits: While working with a FD -

Called to the residence to install a smoke detector. That's legit --> Next week - Called the ambulance to help her rearrange furniture.

While working at an amusement park -

"My son's feet smell, do you have anything for that?"

"Do you have anything for dandruff?"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.