For the medics, how would you triage this medical patient?

Any family cardiac history?

Finger stick blood sugar?

I'm still transporting this patient ALS, due to the size of the differential that I can't nail down in the back of my ambulance.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any family cardiac history?

Finger stick blood sugar?

I'm still transporting this patient ALS, due to the size of the differential that I can't nail down in the back of my ambulance.

No family hx.

Were not to blood sugar, were just getting opinions if they are going ALS or BLS.

For the record, my partner and I are debating if a patient should be ALS no matter the situation.

I'm going ALS with this one, i need the rest of the story if there is any, but just the dizziness is what's hanging me up on this one, just a gut feeling! better wrong in that direction than sorry. how'd she do on the way, any sz activity down the road, what about drug or etoh use?

Normal exam, other than some vague dizziness she appears ok. P/w/d, CAOX4, no Hx. I would BLS it. She is young, healthy, no big Hx. If I was a long way out from the hospital, I may look at an ECG first to make sure it is nothing funky. BGL would be appropriate first as well, although I doubt I would take it on scene. If I hook up the monitor and check a BGL, I feel I have made the pt. ALS even if they are BLS by complaint and findings, so I don' t think I would do much other than help load the gurney and drive while patting myself on the back.

(OK, I bit. What happened that I should have ALS'd the pt?)