Is EMS definative care?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[stream:4f7da29920]http://favewavs.com/wavs/tv/astonished.wav[/stream:4f7da29920]

Soon the puppet master will make the rest of us aware of his diabolical plot....or will he?!?!!? :shock: :D

Astonished nothing. Thats where I was going with it.

Again i say, thoughts? No one is definative care anymore really...lol.

Were is that "awards" thread- cause Im thinking Ace should get the award for the most sound clips in his posts. My goodness! You must've just found out how to do that in the past couple days- wow- I could be wrong- but I think ACE has found himself some cheap amusement lol.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming- "is EMS definitive care...."

Were is that "awards" thread- cause Im thinking Ace should get the award for the most sound clips in his posts. My goodness! You must've just found out how to do that in the past couple days- wow- I could be wrong- but I think ACE has found himself some cheap amusement lol.

Word Soo...

Ace,

Placing a "definitive" airway does not mean that the underlying pathology has been definitively managed. While you are looking for your sources, I'm willing to bet that you also came across several that stated something along the line of "EMS can just as effectively manage a ventilation issue with BLS maneuvers."

An ETT does not treat the underlying ventilatory issue. Now, I will grant that in the case of an upper airway burn, that needs to be given time to heal itself, an ETT could be considered definitive. In most cases it would end up with a tracheostomy rather than oral intubation, but a cuffed tube is a cuffed tube.

Likewise, an ETT is not a definitive modality for COPD, or CHF. In fact, there will be more difficulty allowing these patients to be extubated than most other groups.

A cuffed ETT is a definitive treatment modality. It is not a definitive treatment of pathology.

"Sooc,"

:wink: 8) 8) :lol::lol::lol::D:lol: :joker: :joker::joker::joker::joker::joker:

[stream:0e69442f16]http://www.favewavs.com/wavs/misc/offended.wav[/stream:0e69442f16]

:wink: 8) 8) :lol::lol::lol::lol::D :joker: :joker::joker::joker::joker::joker:

[stream:0e69442f16]http://www.saunalahti.fi/frog1/wavs/thatsall.wav[/stream:0e69442f16]

Interesting thought based from that. Is definative care defined with a definative treatment, or a treatment that definably treated the underlying pathology to a disease?

"PRPG,"

Now we're getting into the meat and potatoes part....Clearly we're reaching the...

[stream:075e4d8f97]http://www.favewavs.com/wavs/current/darkness.wav[/stream:075e4d8f97]

:wink: :D

More to come after these messages and perhaps even an explantion!!

Out Here,

ACE844

:banghead:

Ace your just not getting it. ETI is the definitive airway intervention, key word intervention. It is no different than an IV, defibrillation, or medication administration. An intervention is not the same as definitive care. Definitive care is returning the patient back to health by treating the underlying cause/result of the injury or disease. You are confusing "definitive airway" with definitive care, its not about fixing a problem, its about fixing the patient.

Nice google skills though.

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.