BlackSheep's EMT-J, must equal EMT-Joke...

Again attitudes and egos prevail!!!

A BASIC IS A BASIC

if you want advanced training then go for it, I have nothing against education AT ALL! I do have problems with EMT-B's wanting more for less, which is what this thread was about and I have problems with Paramedics wanting to get rid of basics because they are too basic. I also have a problem with the king Ca Ca attitudes that you guys come out of class with, there is a reason I am a basic..........I ONLY WANT TO BE A BASIC and if checking pulses and applying O2 is all I want to do that is all I will do.

if you guys would slow down and READ you would see my problem is the same as yours just through different eyes and words, but you are ALL hell bent to justify and prove your worth that you see something you disagree with and get tunnel vision

:roll: :roll:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we basics are so G'damn dangerous why are there still classes being taught? Why are certificates still being issued?

If the PARAGODS want to get rid of basic's then do it

Hmmmm... Because private companies like having a cheap "Paramedic Assistant/Driver" and because Fire Chiefs love sending FF's through a $400 EMT-Basic course, and then having them driving a $500,00 fire truck to a medical scene to build up their call volume.

As far as getting rid of the Basic level, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Canada doing that right now? The problem with the Basic level is systems are doing exactly what this thread is about. They are constantly trying to push the envelope of Basic skills without furthering the educational requirements. I'm sorry an 8hr course on med administration is not enough to be giving any kind of medication. Don't take it personally Basic's but there is no reason for a Basic to be giving meds. I'll say it again just because you can is not the same as you should.

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

P.S. The 'paragod' term is getting really old, please come up with something new!

Hmmmm... Because private companies like having a cheap "Paramedic Assistant/Driver" and because Fire Chiefs love sending FF's through a $400 EMT-Basic course, and then having them driving a $500,00 fire truck to a medical scene to build up their call volume.

As far as getting rid of the Basic level, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Canada doing that right now? The problem with the Basic level is systems are doing exactly what this thread is about. They are constantly trying to push the envelope of Basic skills without furthering the educational requirements. I'm sorry an 8hr course on med administration is not enough to be giving any kind of medication. Don't take it personally Basic's but there is no reason for a Basic to be giving meds. I'll say it again just because you can is not the same as you should.

Peace,

Marty

:joker:

P.S. The 'paragod' term is getting really old, please come up with something new!

Great for Canada, but I am not there nor care to visit!!

If you don't like what basic's are permitted to do CHANGE IT or accept the invite to shut up!!

Ditch the attitudes and I will give you a new name, but for now if the shoe fits...........

As far as getting rid of the Basic level, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Canada doing that right now?

In Ontario, the lowest level of education to work on an ambulance is a two year college diploma. (Although I do not know of any volunteer services, they would need to meet the exact same requirement.)

And quint, I'm not a "paragod" especially since, as I have mentioned before, I am just a student. Don't fault me because I think that anyone who responds to a medical emergency should be educated.

And quint, I'm not a "paragod" especially since, as I have mentioned before, I am just a student. Don't fault me because I think that anyone who responds to a medical emergency should be educated.

I will give you as much as you give me, you want to bash on my "education" at the basic level, I will come right back at you guys with your faults, otherwise that just wouldn't be fair now would it????

As I have said before but ignorance seems to cloud the issue so pardon the caps I want you to see it...................I BELIEVE IN EDUCATION!!!! But don't fault me for liking where I am as a basic, if you want more go for more, but don't bash on me for what I am and what I do!!

I will give you as much as you give me, you want to bash on my "education" at the basic level, I will come right back at you guys with your faults, otherwise that just wouldn't be fair now would it????

As I have said before but ignorance seems to cloud the issue so pardon the caps I want you to see it...................I BELIEVE IN EDUCATION!!!! But don't fault me for liking where I am as a basic, if you want more go for more, but don't bash on me for what I am and what I do!!

Do you think EMT-Bs should work on ambulances? (I mean real ones, not just transfer cars)

If you don't like what basic's are permitted to do CHANGE IT or accept the invite to shut up!!

Ditch the attitudes and I will give you a new name, but for now if the shoe fits...........

Why should we try to change it. Basic's like you will continue to overstep your education, kill a few patients and then the public will demand changes. Thank you for doing our work for us. Much appreciated.

I have a name for Paramedics, since you are an EMT-Basic I suggest you call us Sir! After all I address my superiors, MD,s & RN's, with the respect they deserve, why don't you?

Peace,

Marty

P.S. I agree with weasel 108, that truck is looking awful dirty.

Quint, you're the one that came out swinging.

Education is good. Yes. Generalizations are bad. Yes. Okay there.

What else? Can we play as adults here? Don't need to be threatening or aggressive to get your point across. Excessive punctuation isn't helpful, either. We're not here to bash. We come here to communicate, and just because someone may not share the exact same beliefs as you does not mean that they are on a high horse, or are a 'Paragod'. That's not bashing, that's an opinion.

We're here to communicate, not to send invites or size shoes.