BlackSheep's EMT-J, must equal EMT-Joke...

two people who have AT LEAST two years of education and that no one with 120 hours of training will ever show up to help my family members. But we don't need this debate again

do I bow now or after I catch my breath???? Paramedic attitudess will be the demise of our profession, so get as much praise as you can for your two years "ed"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quint........ DUCK!

As B's, we are under-educated. The fact is there is so little physiology in our training that we are woefully unprepared for any variation from our training. Protocols, unfortunately, are all we have to base our patient care on. But that point has been beaten to death, and a little investigation into this site would have prepared you for the onslaught you are about to experience.

do I bow now or after I catch my breath???? Paramedic attitudess will be the demise of our profession, so get as much praise as you can for your two years "ed"

Oh boy :shock: , time to grab the wife & kids and head for the storm cellar. :D ( weasel's now running for cellar :roll: )

Ruffems wrote:

This is really frightening. EMT-J next thing we'll have is EMT-K (for kaopectate) EMT-L for Lidocaine, EMT-v for versed do you get the idea???

Dibs on EMT-G(od)

sorry but its already taken .... Just ask Dust LMAO... :twisted:

do I bow now or after I catch my breath???? Paramedic attitudes will be the demise of our profession, so get as much praise as you can for your two years "ed"

Ever wonder why those with an education never argue against having it?. It is not the attitudes that will be the demise, it is rather most are trained (and poorly) not educated. Read journals often? Read any EMS medical research lately?.. Over all what is being described?.. It is that basics should do more?.. hmmm no. Is it that poor performance from lack of education is increasing poor outcome and treatments? .... awww... yeah!

Can one honestly and truthfully argue against education ? Albeit, it is only a 2 - 3 yr program (yes, it should be a minimum of 4 years). Patients in an emergency situation(s) deserve to have at least someone with that level of education to perform a detailed assessment, with interpretation of those findings and deliver treatment. How can one logically argue against such? Please, explain and inform us how this is to be true?

R/r 911

LMAO! Jealousy is not pretty. :roll:

Being uneducated is a sin. Being too stupid to recognise it is a crime.

That is what will be the demise of our profession.

And by the way, until you are properly educated, you aren't even in "our profession," much less qualified to speak on its future.

How about get an education instead. Take an A/P and a neuro course at your local CC. You might learn something about all those wonderful things that the paramedics.

side note: we learnt about benzos and GABAa today in my neuro class. Finally starting to learn something useful in class...

So, pop a Valium and feel a little less stressed... Or take a class and learn how Valium works.

1. I didn't ask you for praise. I am not a Paramedic, I am just a student. I said that I'm glad I know educated people will show up if I call 911.

2. If I were asking for praise then I would have told you that I am actually in a four year Primary Care Paramedic degree program. That's right, four years to do less than an EMT-J. Education... an interesting concept, eh?

And by the way, until you are properly educated, you aren't even in "our profession," much less qualified to speak on its future.

=D>

quint,I think the fire truck needs to be cleaned :wink:

Quint........ DUCK!

As B's, we are under-educated. The fact is there is so little physiology in our training that we are woefully unprepared for any variation from our training. Protocols, unfortunately, are all we have to base our patient care on. But that point has been beaten to death, and a little investigation into this site would have prepared you for the onslaught you are about to experience.

We are far from under educated, we are Basics plain and simple no two ways about it........you knew that when you took the course! If you want to be "advanced" go for it, your patch will then read "PARAMEDIC" which is how it should be! If you are lacking in skills or education you did not investigate what you were getting into, I am full aware of what is coming and I welcome it, because I love fired up people that's how shit gets accomplished, not by whining about it on a flippin internet site. you want advanced skills go to school and get a job as a Paramedic otherwise stick to the basics

Ever wonder why those with an education never argue against having it?. It is not the attitudes that will be the demise, it is rather most are trained (and poorly) not educated. Read journals often? Read any EMS medical research lately?.. Over all what is being described?.. It is that basics should do more?.. hmmm no. Is it that poor performance from lack of education is increasing poor outcome and treatments? .... awww... yeah!

Can one honestly and truthfully argue against education ? Albeit, it is only a 2 - 3 yr program (yes, it should be a minimum of 4 years). Patients in an emergency situation(s) deserve to have at least someone with that level of education to perform a detailed assessment, with interpretation of those findings and deliver treatment. How can one logically argue against such? Please, explain and inform us how this is to be true?

R/r 911

Rid I do not disagree with education and advanced care......I do disagree paying two paramedics for their skills when one of them has to be the driver (not much use for ALS skills behind a steering wheel, although I am sure dust will make an argument for that one). Why should a hospital trip get expensive just so you have an equal to talk to.

Open invite for you to come and educate me Dust!!!! And the last I heard from you was whining and complaining about not being on the same level with us lowly firemen when it comes to money and respect, considering fire is taking over EMS I am qualified to speak of how I am ramming you out of your "profession".