New USAToday article

What exactley is the problem

I believe arrest patients should be worked. Even if there is only a 1% chance of survival.

I dont believe we get to choose what calls we transport, stub toe or Massive MI.

I believe EMT's play and important role im EMS.

I dont believe liberal protocols translate to more effective care. And I do have experience with that.

I believe that EMTs do constantley take a badgering from paramedics. Whether justified or not.

If you want education standards changed to degree programs, come up with a plan. Dont just tell me I dont know what I am talking about and I must read and write at a 7th grade level.

I am not scared or intimidated by anyone on this board, or im my field.

I have over ten years experience in the EMS field. I deserve respect as much as the next person whether MEDIC EMT or doctor.

If you call this allover the place.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some medics fix real problems. Lets get that straight first.

Others stomp all over "the do no harm".

So you agree there is incompetence in this field. Thats all I was trying to say.

So Im stupid, I read at a 7th grade level, and all I do is transport stub toes. Dosent seem like im the one with the ego problem.

This could go on forever. I will agree to disagree.

Some medics fix real problems. Lets get that straight first.

Others stomp all over "the do no harm".

So you agree there is incompetence in this field. Thats all I was trying to say.

So Im stupid, I read at a 7th grade level, and all I do is transport stub toes. Dosent seem like im the one with the ego problem.

This could go on forever. I will agree to disagree.

You know what, I totally agree you !. Now we agree upon this, we should also agree that this is not just isolated to medical treatment and care. Incompetent of knowing ones profession and what the current standards and treatments are, incompetent of knowledge of how to read, interpret studies and stay abreast of what the current medical treatment in ones specialty is as well. The same being one can be incompetent of ones profession by not participating at local, state and even national levels to change education requirements and EMS scope of practice. Increasing public awareness to reduce abuse of the system. Incompetent of being a patient advocate by promoting a decrease waste of governmental spending and patient costs on needless treatments and transports.

I am glad both of us agree on one thing, that there is a lot of incompetence out there . :wink:

R/r 911

Ace, I love the bunny.

Thanks, but truthfully I can't take credit for it. I suborned..err...borrowed..it from a long time poster here... I'd publicly give him 'Props,' but I'm afraid it would further inflate his sense of importance to a dangerous level.... :lol: :shock: :lol::D 8)

problem.jpg

ksm0675l.jpg

Out here,

ACE844

Some of us need to remember:

arguing_internet.jpg

How I feel about talking with obstinate people:

deadhorse.gif

My general attitude at times like this:

nicer.gif

This is just funny (not directed at anyone):

morondinners.jpg

May I recommend:

thorazine_bottle1.jpg

And in closing, a warning:

UGLY.gif

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.