New USAToday article

And you made that judgment by the posts I have made. What exactly makes you think I am UN-educated or unable to perform my job. The fact that I am opinionated, the fact that I dont always agree with the group. Or because I am EMT I am not allowed to disagree.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

texasemsdoc, I didnt write that ridryder did. He dosent want to provide false hope for family members or run up unnesscary hospital bills. He dosent follow our protocols he has a set all his own, that he works with. and he works on the only ambulance in the country that dosent transport cuts and stubed toes, or non-emergencies, his is strictley used for true mi's. and other critical pts, all others are told to go by other means or told they are tying up the system for true sick people, like pediatric traumatic arrests that he dosent work. Oh yeah also emotion never enters into his work, he is completely above being effected by anything he does or see's.

By the way I dont have any problem with RIDryder,(really I dont) d I dont know the guy or girl and I am sure he is well respected in his field, but new ems professionals do not have the experience nor the knowledge to determine what should be worked and what shouldnt be, to fill their heads with facts like asystole never responds to tx and every arrest pt dies or working arrest pt is a waste of resources is flat wrong. EMS is a prtocol driven field for the simple fact that we dont posses the training needed or carry the equipment to determine what exactley is wrong with people. Thats why we transport to hospitals. Few states license prehospital providers for the fact that cowboys out there will make decisions beyond their scope because they read it in a clinical trial. and yes I am lic. pre hospital provider,and Someone who dosent always agree with the protocols but they do benefit more then they hurt.

Having spent a fair amount of time with Rid, and having known him for several years now, I would have to say that he is one of the most emotionally involved medics and nurses I have the pleasure of ever having known. Personally I think you (Whit) need to have that acute egothorax you're suffering from decompressed immediately before it progresses to a tension state and you wind up unemployed, blackballed and maligned by your fellow EMS professionals. Insulting someone who is as well regarded and respected by most people as Rid is, well that would be a very quick way to achieve those oh so lofty goals. He does work for a very progressive service, with advanced protocols and there is a good reason he was chosen for his role there. It's because he is a model of what EMS providers could be if we could get the people to stop dragging their feet and check their egos at the door.

And you made that judgment by the posts I have made. What exactly makes you think I am UN-educated or unable to perform my job. The fact that I am opinionated, the fact that I dont always agree with the group. Or because I am EMT I am not allowed to disagree.

Seeing as I am an EMT-I as well (as well as a respiratory therapist, echocardiographer, among other things), I would think that it has nothing to do with your level of credentials. It has everything to do with they fact that you seem to speak before thinking. Also you come across as very condescending towards those who do possess education, those who are involved in research, those who are published authors and those who are EMS educators- the very people who you seem to think you are on par with. As I've said.....ditch the attitude and open your mind a little. Of course, that's just a suggestion. You can take it or leave it....the choice is yours.

I hold a lic. in one of the most progressive state in the country. R.I. Look up the protocols. Does that make it I am not attacking anyone, because I dont necc. agree with everything he states. I have stated before that I am sure he well reguarded in his field, I am sure he is passionate. I am sure he does a dam good job, but as he stated, I believe EMs is not an exact science. I dont have a problem with him/her. I just dont agree with everything he posts. I have that right.

I hold a lic. in one of the most progressive state in the country. R.I. Look up the protocols. Does that make it I am not attacking anyone, because I dont necc. agree with everything he states. I have stated before that I am sure he well reguarded in his field, I am sure he is passionate. I am sure he does a dam good job, but as he stated, I believe EMs is not an exact science. I dont have a problem with him/her. I just dont agree with everything he posts. I have that right.

For the record, RI is only progressive as far as EMS legislation and scope of practice due to the large number of involved and caring MD's there. That being said....There is a decided lack of adequate, thorough EMS education ( with the exception of 1 medic program), and caring well trained providers. Pre-hospital care in that state is attrocious and in general among the worst in the country with perhaps the exceptions of 'Cumberland,' and 'North Kingstown'. I've witnessed the care provided there pre-hospital over the last 2 years and I'd say there is little to brag about...

Out Here,

ACE844

Exactley my point. Do liberal protocols translate into better care. More the opposite.

Liberal protocols translate into better care when it is coupled with education and adequate trianing as well as adequate clinical abilities in a system that has checks and balances. BUT, if you just 'give' liberal protocols without the aforementioned items it is a recipe for negligence, incompetence, and increasing iatrogensis imperfecta!!!

out here,

ACE844

I completely agree. That was all I was stating. In my experience it dosent work. Am I saying that it wouldnt work in other areas No. It could very well.

Look no offense, but, based on your posts on these forums lately. I'm not even sure you know what your trying to say there is so much back and forth in your posts. A few of us have tried to give you some friendly advice..perhaps it would be prudent to give it more consideration before posting again??!!!

Out here,

ACE844

Look no offense, but, based on your posts on these forums lately. I'm not even sure you know what your trying to say there is so much back and forth in your posts. A few of us have tried to give you some friendly advice..perhaps it would be prudent to give it more consideration before posting again??!!!

Out here,

ACE844

jesusowned.jpg:lol::lol:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.