Check out this rig!!

don't toronto have similar vehicles ?

Yes.

esu_8_2003_full.jpg

esu_6_2003_full.jpg

http://www.toronto.ca/ems/operations/esu.htm

http://www.toronto.ca/ems/operations/vehicle_index.htm

The "supports" are dispatched to fires and MCI type events. While they could be dispatched to quite a few incidents per day, they are rarely used for actual transport purposes, and are often canceled prior to actually getting on scene.

I have been in both vehicles and transported patients on the bus. It is not fun rendering patient care on the bus, and if the patient requires any type of intervention beyond hand holding it is quite a bit of a chore. Basically all patients transported on the bus are low priority, "stable" patients.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

esu_8_2003_full.jpg

esu_6_2003_full.jpg

http://www.toronto.ca/ems/operations/esu.htm

http://www.toronto.ca/ems/operations/vehicle_index.htm

The "supports" are dispatched to fires and MCI type events. While they could be dispatched to quite a few incidents per day, they are rarely used for actual transport purposes, and are often canceled prior to actually getting on scene.

I have been in both vehicles and transported patients on the bus. It is not fun rendering patient care on the bus, and if the patient requires any type of intervention beyond hand holding it is quite a bit of a chore. Basically all patients transported on the bus are low priority, "stable" patients.

=P~i want one of those too

We need something like that here. We had a MCI the other day with five pts and we were running tight for ambulances. We had plenty of staff but all five ambulances from a sixty mile radius we would be in trouble if there was another cal. There is one ambulance left that isn't in service but it could be in a pinch. And with transports lasting about 65 mins to get back into the area. Something like that centrally located in our county would be a great benefit

It looks like they finally gave you crazy east coaster's something to call a "bus." Our politics might be crazy out here, but at least we know the difference between a "bus," a "rig," and our ambulance.

We need something like that here. We had a MCI the other day with five pts and we were running tight for ambulances. We had plenty of staff but all five ambulances from a sixty mile radius we would be in trouble if there was another cal. There is one ambulance left that isn't in service but it could be in a pinch. And with transports lasting about 65 mins to get back into the area. Something like that centrally located in our county would be a great benefit

i agree with you on that, they would be helpful for MCI's and would have been handy on Oct. 16th 2005 in Eau Claire County when the Chippewa Falls High School Band bus accident occurred, i remember hearing that the county had been swamped, and every ambulance had been called to transport people, those rigs might have been extremely helpful then.

i heard oklahoma city had an 18-wheeler trailer set up the same way.

ive thought it would be cool for a large city to have 1 or 2 of these buses, and then one that is a mobile OR to handle very critical pts like in a place crash or another terrorist attack.

i heard oklahoma city had an 18-wheeler trailer set up the same way.

I don't think that would even be legal. :?

As a mobile hospital, sure. As a transport vehicle, I doubt it.

I don't think that would even be legal. :?

As a mobile hospital, sure. As a transport vehicle, I doubt it.

i dont know anymore details, so it very well could be a mobile hos[ital. all i was told is that they were makin a mobil MCI type of medical trailer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.