Commercial showing EMS as thieves

I'm so incensed now that I'm gonna call Olympus

Premise of the commercial

Olympus's new digital camera

Two EMS workers on scene of a motorcycle accident. They find a Olympus camera and it's lanyard is still wrapped around the patients arm.

They cut the lanyard and one of the guys puts the camera in his pocket. He steals the camera.

Just another insult to EMS

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so incensed now that I'm gonna call Olympus

Premise of the commercial

Olympus's new digital camera

Two EMS workers on scene of a motorcycle accident. They find a Olympus camera and it's lanyard is still wrapped around the patients arm.

They cut the lanyard and one of the guys puts the camera in his pocket. He steals the camera.

Just another insult to EMS

for gawds sake grow up

it's a commercial............

the budwiser frogs really dont say it.......

the coco pop monkey is not real and

there are NO pixies in a box of rice bubbles

are you so thin skinned that a commercial gets you upset?

are you worried that you may be caught out about something you have stolen?

commercials are done as MAKE BELIEVE so get the punters in

I have never seen the add , but if that is all you have to worry and complain about.....GET A LIFE

stay safe

for gawds sake grow up

it's a commercial............

the budwiser frogs really dont say it.......

the coco pop monkey is not real and

there are NO pixies in a box of rice bubbles

are you so thin skinned that a commercial gets you upset?

are you worried that you may be caught out about something you have stolen?

commercials are done as MAKE BELIEVE so get the punters in

I have never seen the add , but if that is all you have to worry and complain about.....GET A LIFE

stay safe

Do you think that nursing would allow nurses to be seen as thieves unchallenged?

Do you think that doctors would allow doctors to be seen as thieves unchallenged?

Do you think that police officers or fire fighters would allow their professions to be seen as thieves unchallenged?

Why should EMS be allowed to be seen as thieves unchallenged?

We want respect in the medical field, but we do not have the education.

We want respect in the eyes of the public, yet we let our profession be portrayed negatively without backlash.

We want respect, but we aren't willing to actually do anything about it.

Unfortunatly there are ems workers that do steal.We hear about it all the time, someone stealing meds or a pts. perscription.I'm more concerned about the price of gas or how researchers spend thousands of tax dollars to see how slow ketchup comes out of the bottle.Unless it affects you personally.'''shake it off''. Mad tv makes parodes everyday, nobody tryin to ban them. :roll:

You people are over-reacting to this. It reminds me of a commercial that was on a while ago (don't know if it is anymore) in which a radio controlled airplane goes out of control in a park and these people have to keep ducking so they don't get hit.

My dad is in a RC club and the members were up in arms about this because it implied that RC airplanes are unsafe. In reality, it was just a commercial and that's all!

If it's just a commercial, why didn't they use cops instead of EMT's? The next time Bubba pulls a gun to protect his belongings, I'll tell him to " Relax, it was just a commercial."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.