emt-b pay scale

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PCP Salary 16.25 - 18.21 (35.476-39.763/yr)

ICP Salary 17.03 - 19.36 (37.191-42.294/yr)

ACP Salary 19.42 - 22.51 (42.419-49.169/yr)

Keep in mind though that to attend PCP school it costs 10000$ and to attend ACP school costs 15000$.

Also these wages are without overtime and we are also in the middle of re-negotiating our contract for an additional 9-21%.

EMT school takes only slightly longer than training a new employee at Taco Bell.

And, unlike Taco Bell workers, there is no shortage of EMT's. In fact, there is a tremendous glut.

Why should they make any more?

EMT school takes only slightly longer than training a new employee at Taco Bell.

And, unlike Taco Bell workers, there is no shortage of EMT's. In fact, there is a tremendous glut.

Why should they make any more?

Please quote information to support this. Easily the crappiest analogy youve made. This disappoints me.

Even Oprah ( no, I don't normally watch!) had made the comment the other day that nationally, most EMT's make the pay scale of poverty level. Then displayed an EMT that was crying about how she could not feed her child...and how little she was making.

Sorry, a little mathematics of supply and demand ..look at the number of Registered Basic EMT's versus EMS services (for example). I know in my State alone, there are over 5,500 Basics and 200 services. Now, with 70% of the services are Advanced Level. So subtract that at least 1/2 of those, and see what the opportunities are. So yes the wage is usually minimum salary or free.. if they can find a job. Yes, in 16 more weeks there are another couple hundred................like rabbits.

I agree with Dust, pay is actually higher at Taco Bell and the class well, it might be as along if you go through an abbreviated course... :D

R/r 911

Please quote information to support this. Easily the crappiest analogy youve made. This disappoints me.

http://www.hoovers.com/taco-bell/--ID__895...factsheet.xhtml

2004 Employee's = 167,000

http://info.jems.com/jems/2004resources/providers.html

EMT-B's = 490,649

Plus Taco Bell employee's get to wear that cool uniform and eat all the Taco Bell related food products they could want.

Is there really even a choice?

The correct answer is there isn't...Vote Taco Bell in 2008.

But ya, I can see Dust's analogy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.