Stretcher to the House?

Question:

If you don't bring the stretcher in and you need it, what do you do? Do both you and your partner leave the person alone while you go get it? Does just your partner go? What if there are several stairs to get up to the door?

This is assuming it's just the two of you and no fire.

Will someone answer my question(s)? What if there are several stairs to go up? Do you leave the pt alone?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will someone answer my question(s)? What if there are several stairs to go up? Do you leave the pt alone?

No you bring the Stair Chair in with you along with the other equip., kindly REREAD THE PREVIOUS POSTS UP THREAD!!!!

out here,

ACE844

The only point I was making was that the attitude Nate was conveying was, "I don't have to worry about scene safety, because I wait for police to arrive on scenes dispatched as potentially violent," and that is dangerously naive. There is SO much more to scene safety than the presence of police, yet Nate's statement seems to suggest he does not recognise that.

Not all domestic disputes are dispatched as such. Many of them are dispatched as difficulty breathing, injured person, chest pain, seizure, diabetic emergency, or the ubiquitous "unknown medical emergency." Not all people with guns, knives, meth labs, or psych conditions bother to tell the dispatcher. It's simply absurd for any medic to assume that any scene is ever safe based upon dispatch information or the presence of police.

Dust....So...I understood you correctly then...when I clarified with my post...right? So...good...we're cool and together on our understanding of this. I knew there had to be a misunderstanding. :roll:

And the domestic thing is so true....got called out to a "drunk female" last summer...got there and she is all beaten up and proceeds to tell me her hubby is in the house with a gun. There are no cops on scene... HOLY SHIT.... About that moment...my radio calls me AND cell phone ring. It's dispatch basically saying...get the F*$& out of there...NOW!!!....she just hung up with us and told us that....blah blah...I'm going...I already found out.... I've never grabbed a pt and ran so fast in my life. If she hadn't run with me...I woulda left her ass....

U gotta watch EVERYTHING....some of the simplest, most B-ESSY calls are the ones that will kill you.

xoxo

No you bring the Stair Chair in with you along with the other equip., kindly REREAD THE PREVIOUS POSTS UP THREAD!!!!

out here,

ACE844

Good sir, kindly take your own advice. I will bold it to make it clear:

If you don't bring the stretcher in and you need it, what do you do?

out here,

ACE844

Good sir, kindly take your own advice. I will bold it to make it clear:

If you don't bring the stretcher in and you need it, what do you do?

Just to clarify, you're going to make the supine pt uncomfortable by putting them on a metal scoop or a wood board because you don't feel like carrying the stretcher in?

I guess I don't see the stretcher as as much of a hinderance as you folks make it out to be. Around here (service of ~60 FT and about 20-30 PT) I have yet to see someone who does not bring the stretcher to the pt when we're ready to transport unless it can't fit or the pt is ambulatory. Majority of the time, it is brought in with you.

I have yet to see someone who does not bring the stretcher to the pt when we're ready to transport unless it can't fit or the pt is ambulatory.

Nobody said they wouldn't bring it when the patient was ready for transport. But the patient is not ready for transport when you first arrive on the scene. You're wasting time for nothing, with no other justification other than "this is the way we've always done it."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.