Young people in EMS and evidence against it

Asysin2leads

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing that pages 2/3/4 have most of the meat of that thread. I'm at work and it comes us as a banned site for weighted phrase content. I'll have to wait until I get home.

One thing I did pick up on is, and this is for Matt the admin, you say that you respect asys and his opinions so why is one of your moderators posting that your site will have to revue his involvement in your site?

I suppose the only answer I can give is : Mods too, have emotions and opinions of their own. They should not let emotions reflect in their posts related to administrative functions on my site. I'm currently in the process of reviewing the moderators on my site and how they're managed.

Matt

I spent some time "over there" this afternoon and I found it to be quite humerous. A lot of whiny people and a lot of bitching back and forth on who is better than who and that EMT's should be able to start IV's because "it just needs to be done", etc., etc. I may go back for a laugh every now and then. HEY DUST, go check it out, you would have a field day!!!!!!!!!!!!

definitley Dust needs to check it out. I just read the "IV" thread and now I have a headache..... :?

I doubted what *sleepy* was saying before, but she really just confirms my suspicions even more in that thread......sheesh!

Dust has GOT TO check it it out. I think we should have a specific free for all site to just bash each other. LMAO. :lol: :laughing3: :violent1:

Send DitchDoc as well, he would probably have an M.I. :tard:

Wacker, yes, but was it necessary for everyone to really instigate that fight? Only people in EMS would even argue with someone that young over something that stupid. The whole "mine is bigger than yours."

I also suggest that several of you take a college ethics class sometime so you can really understand what is, and is not, unethical. Drinking underage is not unethical just because it is illegal. Many nations and cultures allow their children to drink alcoholic beverages at a young age. Our culture allowed 18 year-olds to drink as early as 30 years ago. A responsible 18 year-old consuming a beer does no other person harm if they stay in their house. From a utilitarian perspective then the person is doing nothing unethical. The study of ethics is fluid and is determined by the culture one inhabits. I'm not sure our entire culture really thinks it is. There is a huge difference between the two unless you blindly, and without reason, think that breaking a law is unethical. They have a name for this: absolutism. Drinking becomes unethical the moment you allow it to endanger other people. This is unethical for everyone, 21 or not. Lieing, cheating, stealing, etc are all unethical in the same circumstances. When you harm other people or yourself (against the law of nature), you are acting in an unethical way. Even this depends on the theory of ethics for which you subscribe to.

I DARE one of you to say that Martin Luther King Jr. was acting in an unethical manner because he broke a few laws.

Yes, she said some stupid things, but what happened to letting things slide. Young kid doing stupid young kid stuff.

So, what age requirement would those that disapprove of the status quo be satisfied with?

It's a non-issue from an ethical stand-point. Age is just a number human beings assign to someone in order to institute some crude system of seniority. Time can be measured in any unit you want. Maturity doesn't necessarily come from age, just often enough that our legislatures have determined it a good idea to restrict it to the ambiguous age of 21. 18 year-olds are obviously mature enough to fire a gun and take someones life in a time of war...

It's a non-issue from an ethical stand-point. Age is just a number human beings assign to someone in order to institute some crude system of seniority. Time can be measured in any unit you want. Maturity doesn't necessarily come from age, just often enough that our legislatures have determined it a good idea to restrict it to the ambiguous age of 21. 18 year-olds are obviously mature enough to fire a gun and take someones life in a time of war...

I agree that it's not an ethical question, and that the age when someone really should be able to be an EMT really depends on the individual. But I hear a lot of people in this thread saying that 18 is not old enough to be a medic, so I'm just curious what minimum age requirement they would support for both EMT and medic certification. :lol: