What do you get paid?

N.S. ACP

Meh... Canadian money isn't like real money. It's not even green!

Got some silly broad's pic on it. :roll:

That's it, the border is closed to you now. IF you come up here, we'll pay you strictly in Canadian Tire money (my fellow canucks will know what I mean :wink: ) :)

And I'll have you know, our money is a lot more pleasing to the eye than your green back's.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah - Dust - Canuck bashing, yet can hardly wait to get up here and get paid in our "funny money"! Only Canadians and God are allow to complain about our country, and even then only about our weather and our politicians. Got some rules to learn, I see.

I get paid about $250 / day, for up to twelve hours - OT after that. Some days are only 5 or so. This does include a $40 subsistence allowance (tax free). This is as an EMR - rates go up as qualifications do.

Wow... I"m jealous too... Maybe I need to move....

Avg. $12.75 per hour.... working in EMS Education and Safety Education.

Austin TX

Base Pay $41,700 but that does not include the built-in OT for the 56hr work week. You can tack on about $17,000 in OT without working one extra hour above and beyond your shift. Most of our Medic's make between $60k and $100K. The cost of living is less and there is no state income tax. I think someone from Houston already said that.........

We are currently hiring. In fact we are going to try and hire 75-130 medics this year alone. Attrition is average here but we are adding a 4th shift when we convert to a 48hr work week and adding new stations.

I made $86k without working very hard for it. Come on down if your up for the challenge.

I made 136K last year.

I was one of only two medics in the community for a huge portion of the year. I ended up working 64 days in a row at one point (24/7)

I'm slowly coming out of being burnt out. I'm making my plans to leave very soon. Money is great but there is so much more I miss by living in this isolated community. I live with a pager on my side up here. Even on days off I usually get called in for lift assists, or back up crew for safety (police rarely respond).

I was looking at one of the earlier posts in this thread and did a little bit of a double take. The post revealed that transport EMT/paramedics get paid more than 911 EMT/paramedics. Someone needs to tell that to the people in NYC!! But I suppose there can be a bit of debate with that. (Transport EMS is lower pay than 911 here - at least that's what I've been seeing.) In transport, you usually end up doing more of your fair share of lifting and is USUALLY busier than 911. Yet there is less medical intervention at times. So I could see why transport ems could be paid more (and maybe should). Then there's 911, less lifting, USUALLY less busy, but comes with more high risk when it comes to danger, and medical/protocol mess ups. Just wondering what you all thought about this.

~ 10.50/hr as an EMT in transport and 18.50/hr in 911.

I made 136K last year.

I was one of only two medics in the community for a huge portion of the year. I ended up working 64 days in a row at one point (24/7)

I'm slowly coming out of being burnt out. I'm making my plans to leave very soon. Money is great but there is so much more I miss by living in this isolated community. I live with a pager on my side up here. Even on days off I usually get called in for lift assists, or back up crew for safety (police rarely respond).

You made a good salary at what price... how much did that come out to an hour ? It is a shame that an EMS would even allow one to work so many hours. This profession needs to educate itself out of poverty!

Be safe,

R.R 911

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.