• EMT-I
    • EMT-B
    • Student (non-certified)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confused....You are saying it is impossible to find a school that teaches basic EMT, the entry level training for all of our careers??? PLease clarify this for me.

And you are also saying the state does not recognize basics but it does intermediates. Usually it is the other way around.

Please help my confuzzlement....thanks

I am confused....You are saying it is impossible to find a school that teaches basic EMT, the entry level training for all of our careers??? PLease clarify this for me.

And you are also saying the state does not recognize basics but it does intermediates. Usually it is the other way around.

Dammit! Those bastards in Georgia stole my idea!

I demand credit! (or cash or cheque) :)

SPELL CHECKED: No errors found. 8)

Just kind of wondering this, but how many people here are certified. Please select the option that describes your CURRENT certified level.

Once again, what level you are certified at, or the level that best represents you. Not what your going to school for, not what you can and can't do, only what level best represents you. I am also amazed at how many people actually selected a blank option. :P

Just last year Georgia changed to where basics can now drive an ambulance but there is not really a school in my area that teaches basic. you can stop after the 2nd quarter and then hunt down a registry site that is testing basics but that is difficult to find also. a few non transport fire dept. are doing basic class's but it is because they are cheap.

As an EMT-I i can start IV's push D50, insert combi-tubes and assist with other meds.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.