You might be a wanker if...

Dustdevil

True wanker story.........

Medic from a county close by wears his crappy uniform on and off duty. His truck is covered in blue lights and he hangs out at work on his days off. The most impressive story about him happened at a funeral he attended off duty and wore his crappy uniform (dirty polo shirt, dirty protuffs with scissors hanging out of every pocket) and left his pager on. During the service their little rural ambo district gets a pager test and he never turns it down but just sits there and lets it go. This clown makes EMS clocks and sells them and everything in his house is somehow related to an EMS theme(never been in it). He's a legendary EMS wanker, but of course he is known for giving substandered care. I am seeing a coralation between wanker/bad medic

Unbelievable. Now, that's beyond laughing about. :shock: That's just sad.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dust u really need to learn to be politically correct.

The politically correct term for a Wanker is an 'Owner Operator' :)

Please ensure you use the correct term each time.

Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker

There I said it!!!!

I need to get a picture of a real wankermobile and post it here.....hmmmm

Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker Wanker

There I said it!!!!

I need to get a picture of a real wankermobile and post it here.....hmmmm

I'll see if I can get one tonight tinman. I have class and there are some poster kids for wankerism attending.

They all wear their VFD sweat/t shirts, and their EMS boots with their jeans...

"EMS boots" is an oxymoron.

dumb question... what's the difference between a

wanker and a wannabe?? or are they virtually the same?

My take:

A wannabe may have a future in the field, because he is open to correction ("Pain: The crack that might flood your brain with light!"), and on that account, like a puppy, will be indulged by veterans.

But a wanker is incorrigible. He falsely broadcasts his competence/expertise by overcompensating with decoration. He poses. His hollowness results from stubbornness and laziness, which may be indistinguishable from a lack of aptitude invisible only to him.

Litmus test: The wanker will never do a search (or spell-check) before posting a question. Speaking of which, putting each of these terms into google after the word define followed a colon makes the difference clear generically, but my impression is that the EMS world, where stakes are high, is just a shade less tolerant, so the two terms are closer together here than in other fields.

Now that's from a wannabe, and proud of it.

Whacker: (noun)

(see also: Fredwin, Hoopie, Randy Rescue, Willy-Whacker (m), Wilhelmina Whacker (f)

An EMS enthusiast. One who delights in all manifestations of emergency services, including fire, police and ambulance operations. Can be identified by multiple antennae sprouting from their personal vehicles, as well as extraneous lights, including halogen strobes and LED's. Can be identified at night by the faint but ever-present sounds of their scanners and portable radios sounding in the distance. These scanners, like lullabys for infants, are necessary to induce sleep.

At this time there is no known cure. Doctors are working on a vaccine, which sadly will not halt the disease, only slow it down.

*Not an original* this was created by one of my co-workers and has made the rounds on our company fax machine to all our stations. I saw the thread, thought I'd pass this along.... I laughed my buttocks off. :)

One of our paramedic students several years ago actually purchased EMS decals and outfitted his POV with them and with an internal LED light bar! He wasn't on any volunteer squads or employed. Never became a medic but works for a small fire service.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.