Ambulance Driver, an evil term?

PRPGfirerescuetech

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ambulance driver is a step up to what I have been calling myself. You know those times at social gatherings when you introduce yourself and at some point your occupation comes up. Thereafter the questions start, "what's the worst thing that you have ever seen?" "your job must be hard?" "how do you deal with it?" Beyond telling them that their face is the worst thing that I have ever seen, that my job is actually easy getting paid to watch Oprah, and that I deal with my troubles with a hell of a lot of alcohol, there is an easy solution to what my job title is. "Oh and what do you do for a living letterman?" I drive a truck for the city and yourself. Discussion ended, topic over, and no repetitive stupid questions.

I'm not allowed to drive the train

The Whistle I can't blow.

I'm not allowed to say how fast the train's allowed to go.

I'm not allowed to blow off steam

Or even ring the bell

But let the damn thing jump the track

THEN see who catches Hell!

Anonymous, from poster and T-shirt

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I drive, therefore I am....

While i am not a fan of this title myself, unfortunately Mr & Mrs Joe public do not understand what it takes in the form of study to do this type of job.

As far as they are concerned, when they r sick, we turn up, we ask a lot of questions & do a few things & take them to hospital.

We need to keep a focus on what we are here to do, a title is that, a title & is my patients want me to be an ambulance driver, then that i will be.

I do, however have strong objections to other medical professionals referring to me, or any of my colleagues in that manner. This is professional disrespect, & i will always take the opportunity to correct them & point out the study that needs to be undertaken.

This is a problem that will be around for more than my lifetime & will never change. There is more in life to worry about, you know what you can do. Just do it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.