Holding Us Back: A Great Example

Eydawn

Just for commentary, what say you on those who wear not only sports team uniforms, when not even on the team or playing the game, and those who wear uniforms with their team "Hero's name on it?

I've lost track on how many folks I have seen, wearing baseball (Rounders?) uniforms of Shortstop (a field position) Derick Jeeter, of the New York Yankees, or the uniform of Soccer/Football (I don't know which term is used) star David Beckham.

On second thought, I'll start up a new string as to not derail this string (more than already done by me, anyway).

No heroes here, but apparently they trust us more than other other profession so ill take that instead

Besides, a hero is is some type of weird sandwich

***EDIT***

Ok ok, i know, i should have read page two, craig has already posted this stuff.....

not like you to be late and repeat what i have said bushy....but you do work for the mexicans....

My profession dictates my lifestyle. I wish it didn't, but it does........my sense of duty prevents me from relaxing off duty because I'm worried I'll miss a call that requires a paramedic and the patient will suffer for it...... Long story short, I work 24/7 almost every day of the year.........My whole life and that of my family revolves around and is dictated by my career, therefore, in our case at least, it is my profession and my lifestyle.

trouble with all that is that your family are not paramedics and they then suffer from this lifestyle.......A lifestyle is one of chioce,,,it is never dictated....you choose to be a paramedic, you choose to own the company, you choose to whether you pay a temp to work for you so you get time off and you choose to whether you relax and have time to yourself and your family.

It is all up to YOU.........our patients realise that at times they danot get the optimum level atending due to certain reasons....that is not your fault....work yourself into the ground who will be there to attend the person that does need you after that and you off in hospital with a cardiac condition.....

there is a old saying here..............

I work to LIVE...not live to WORK...........

my two bobs worth..........

Yeah, well I still like Darrel Waltrip and Daytona is my Disney World.

Daytona is fine if you only turn one way..............try turning RIGHT...

trouble with all that is that your family are not paramedics and they then suffer from this lifestyle.......A lifestyle is one of chioce,,,it is never dictated....you choose to be a paramedic, you choose to own the company, you choose to whether you pay a temp to work for you so you get time off and you choose to whether you relax and have time to yourself and your family.

Well, actually, my wife is also an EMR and works with me. Yes, I chose to be a paramedic, it's what I am. Now, 30 years down the road it's ingrained as a part of me. What happens if I choose otherwise? I walk away from a business that's been in my family for decades, the business I was involved in since I was 12 years old and take a pay cut to try to support my family, including my wife who is now unemployed. I do not choose whether to pay a temp, my income dictates my ability to pay one. If my income isn't sufficient to pay a temp, then I can not do so. If I choose to take time off with my family what are the repercussions? I breach my contract with the health region and risk losing our only meager source of income.

Does my family suffer? Yes, but we suffer together to work toward that light at the end of the tunnel so that we can finally be at the point where we can make a choice and also fulfull our obligations.

not like you to be late and repeat what i have said bushy....but you do work for the mexicans....

Better than working for your lot, and they were much better in their HR management - at least im not stuck out at ardlethan or lake cargellico or cobar or some other god forsaken town trying to get back east :|

And your right, i normally wouldn't repeat whatever your dribbling anyway :D

since when did he move to new zealand? lol :D

IM flat out getting to wanaka for the airshow let alone anything else

Better than working for your lot, and they were much better in their HR management - at least im not stuck out at ardlethan or lake cargellico or cobar or some other god forsaken town trying to get back east :|

And your right, i normally wouldn't repeat whatever your dribbling anyway :D

IM flat out getting to wanaka for the airshow let alone anything else

you want to get to WANKA,.....doesnt surprise me.....LOL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.