Greatest Embarrassment

emtdennis

My better half asked me one day, what would be the most embarrassing thing that could happen to you as an EMT.

My reply, " I fell in the shower, broke my hip, and my own ambulance company would have to take me to the hospital".

Worst yet if I got drunk at home and needed medical care, what would I be saying to my team (that I might regret later)?

To be one of the parties involved in a medical control call that lives forever in infamy and is used, annually, to teach the residents how a medical control call should not go.

After that, anything that would require me to be disrobed at one of the hospitals I work at.

To be one of the parties involved in a medical control call that lives forever in infamy and is used, annually, to teach the residents how a medical control call should not go.

Please say this audio is available somewhere for us to hear as well.

Greatest embarassment? I don't know.

If getting caught jumping of the Trinity River bridge, naked with some buckle bunnies doesn't count ... Oh, you mean professionally .... i am with ERDoc this time. Incompetence, would be a huge embarrassment.

*Looks in the ERDoc to English translator ah yes, Resident, see Registrar, makes sense hmm ... medical control, medical control? ... nope not seeing it here hmm, not sure what that medical control he speaks of is, must be an American thing

I reckon my greatest EMS related embarrassing moment was when I told a guy the top leg bone is the tibia (not the femur) and got corrected by one of the patients drunk mates ... how sad

• Like 1

About 3 years ago I was doing this dishes in a bra and thong panties. I slipped on some water and dislocated my patella. I was right by a phone and could have called 911 but because of what I was wearing or lack of what I was wearing I called my husband who was at the store and told him to come home asap! He helped me get a shirt and shorts on. Even though my knee hurt like hell all u could think of is need I get clothes on ! Good thing too because I knew one of the fireman who came. He was like " hey arn't too Reid's daughter??" yeah pretty embarrassing if they would have came and I had no clothes on