Calls worthy of the Darwin Award

runswithneedles

Good on you mate I agree with your intentions, we have a bit of a drinking problem in NZ and it's sad to see people destroy themselves or their families and communities with alcohol misuse or how ending up in hospital on a Friday night is just "accepted" as part of the fun of getting grossly intoxicated.

I don't agree with drinking to the point of blacking out, or till vomit-R-us... but I do think, at least for me, part of my brain engages when I've had a couple drinks (or quits interfering with itself) in a way that allows me to think about things in a way I normally wouldn't. Almost as if my brain is too on, or something... not quite sure how to describe this to be honest.

I also, however, fully agree with anyone who chooses not to drink. Your life, your brain, and nobody should hassle you about it. I didn't drink until I was 22, really... spent most of MY undergrad years watching others vomit at 3am on Saturday morning... (ye gods, I should have charged instead of doing that for free...)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Drinking, smoking, gambling, watching TV, playing games, sports, whatever your hobby or vice happens to be I'm not going to judge you for it

One of my friends is rather overweight and loves his fast food, I'm trying to help him see that change will be positive, but I don't sit there and preach to him or think "damn tubbo loose some weight!" because he's going to look at me and go "damn skinny honkey eat some food and fatten up!"

Not gonna lie smoking a joint on my death bed is on my bucket list. And while my casket is being lowered into the ground I want the song another one bites the dust playing. Thats on my status post bucket list.

Edited by runswithneedles

I also, however, fully agree with anyone who chooses not to drink. Your life, your brain, and nobody should hassle you about it. I didn't drink until I was 22, really... spent most of MY undergrad years watching others vomit at 3am on Saturday morning... (ye gods, I should have charged instead of doing that for free...)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Its fun to watch what leads up to the next morning.

Especially if you get a camera and show what they did the night before (or who they did, sometimes thats what makes me say DAYUM!!!0_0)

It's going to take you 30 years to develop a debilitating back injury or have a mental breakdown? Such optimism :D

Im nuts. Im immune to mental breakdowns. My psychosis shields my sanity. :-D

Back injury? This is why i'm in school to be a paramedic that way instead of doing BLS work im doing now(Basic lifting service) Ill be doing ALS work (Aint lifting shit).

Because Ive jacked up my backed already. Im very careful and visit the chiropractor and exercise it accordingly

STOP GETTING ME OFF MY dang paperwork and lemme finish it!!

Edited by runswithneedles

@ WolfmanHarris:

Sorry, the term HBD doesn't compute.What is that, again?

(If you hear a slapping sound, that will probably be me striking my forehead with my palm, when you tell me what I probably know by another name.)

@ WolfmanHarris:

Sorry, the term HBD doesn't compute.What is that, again?

(If you hear a slapping sound, that will probably be me striking my forehead with my palm, when you tell me what I probably know by another name.)

Mea culpa. HBD = Has Been Drinking.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.