Calls worthy of the Darwin Award

runswithneedles

Having been here for a little over a month now. I have noticed we have some EMT/Medics that have been in this business for 15+ years. And im sure you have seen your fair share of stupid people doing really stupid stuff that got them in the hospital/OR.

My most worthy one was a 35 y.o male came in to the E.R (walked in no better). Holding a blood soaked towel over his shoulder. After seeing this the nurse brought him into one of the main trauma rooms. We uncover the wound to discover half of the muscle on the shoulder was gone along with several pellets of bird shot still in lodged in the remaining muscle. When we asked the man what happened he said he was drinking while cleaning his shotgun and after completing his cleaning regiment he loaded a shell to check the firing mechanism. His wife called him into the house and when he put the gun down it misfired.

Anyone else care to share.

Edited by runswithneedles

End of fishing season at the lodge. They always have a big party, and this one particualar group of Darwin applicants decided it would be a good idea to fill a kiddy pool with jello, then jump off the roof and land in it. One only one participant was scored and it was a 0.

Buddy of mine told me once he knew a guy who was over in Afghanistan, with the army, for a half year. Been in combat, nothing happened.

Then, at their last night, those blokes were partying hard and were pretty shitfaced.

Thought it funny to make some dirty-dancing moves, yeh know. So, that bloke got pushed into the air by his buddy - right into the friggin` ceiling fan!

We had a guy decline transport once, rang back next night for transport because the chick he tried to pick up at the bar didn't end up panning out

Had another young bloke who drank 13 beers and tried to jump a 3m concrete retaining wall on his BMX and ended up second best

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.