Calls worthy of the Darwin Award

runswithneedles

I dont always drink coke with the guys, but when I do...Its really humiliating.

Stay thirsty my friends

I always drink club soda with a twist of lime with the guys ,,, Its never humiliating.

Im sorry for that one. It was a fail on a crack at the worlds most interesting man and his slogan. Damn you dos equis man!

Unfortunately kiwi im not much of the binge drinker like my college counter parts. I was just raised with alcohol as a child and I grew accustomed to having a white russian on the weekends or a beer when we cooked on the barbie.

While I'm certainly not a non-drinker of alcoholic beverages, I just tell the guys that I'm the "Designated Driver", or I'm less than 48 hours from my next shift, and they usually back off.

Also, when I go to the NY State Volunteer Ambulance and Rescue Association's "Pulse Check" convention, because I know my van is not going to be moved for 72 hours, I'll probably have a Rum and Coke, or a beer my first night.

I do drink, but by choice, not that much.

(There was a time my "friends" thought to have me get rid of "my problems", I should get drunk. Others thought I should "get laid". There also was a vocal contingent thought I should do both the same night.)

• Like 1

(There was a time my "friends" thought to have me get rid of "my problems", I should get drunk. Others thought I should "get laid". There also was a vocal contingent thought I should do both the same night.)

from my highschool years I have learned that the booze cancels out the memories of getting laid the night before. So its best enjoyed with one or the other; never both. Just like your liquors and beer.

To those "friends", I conveyed they should MYOB ("mind yer own business"). Yet, some still keep on me, knowing I'm with my Lady J now for 23 years. Unfortunately, some jerks cannot help themselves.

23 years.....Man I hope I can have that. Ive seen alot of ems families crash and burn. including mine.

My wife & I have been married 37 years and we both are in EMS as well as she is an RN.

It can be done if you make the effort to stay as friends first, lovers second and partners third.

We met through EMS back when we were kids.

Drinking will never solve a problem :::: it can create many though.

Just referencing back...Lady J and I first met, me as a tenor, her as a soprano, in a Junior High School Chorus, back September 1967, but we met again in Peninsula VAC in the fall of 1988.

We didn't initially recognize each other as having known each other, as, in the JHS, we traveled in different circles. To each other, we were then just names with faces attached.

Im sorry for that one. It was a fail on a crack at the worlds most interesting man and his slogan. Damn you dos equis man!

Unfortunately kiwi im not much of the binge drinker like my college counter parts. I was just raised with alcohol as a child and I grew accustomed to having a white russian on the weekends or a beer when we cooked on the barbie.

Maybe I was obtuse. I simply don't drink but have many friends that do. We hang out together and enjoy each other's company in spite of the differences in our LOC.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.