What weapons are you certified in to carry.

Arff312

Active military, or activated reservist are separate categorization.

I would not expect to see partners of mine armed, unless a full scale riot is in progress, and a National Guard team is assigned to my unit, so the only armament I'd normally be expecting to see (on "friendlies") would be 9mm handguns in the holsters of an accompanying NYPD LEO. If said LEO has the weapon out of the holster, or they are carrying longer barreled weapons, I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time!

I carry myself, really well for the most part. I'm a paramedic, not a cop, and a darn sarcastic paramedic at that.

AMEN! Same here, well EMT..lol

Active military, or activated reservist are separate categorization.

I would not expect to see partners of mine armed, unless a full scale riot is in progress, and a National Guard team is assigned to my unit, so the only armament I'd normally be expecting to see (on "friendlies") would be 9mm handguns in the holsters of an accompanying NYPD LEO. If said LEO has the weapon out of the holster, or they are carrying longer barreled weapons, I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time!

I remember a time where it was so bad in parts of Brooklyn and the Bronx when we walked into certain buildings the LEO would hand you their spare piece and say point and shoot I'll worry about paperwork. (And this was not that long ago but it doesn't happen very often at all, it was common practice 15/20 years ago according to one of my partners who's been a Medic 25 years.)

And this was not that long ago but it doesn't happen very often at all, it was common practice 15/20 years ago according to one of my partners who's been a Medic 25 years.)

Please do NOT tell me who this person was, as I may know the individual.

I don't usually name drop. If you know you know, if not better for everyone!

Obviously, you agree with me on this. I prefer to sometimes have a lack of information, that I may continue to have plausible deniability.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.