Run Run Run Faster than my bullets can ...............

flamingemt2011

however do hope that people don't take it to heart and act out, citing the song as their trigger.

Unfortunatly people will find triggers wherever they can.

In the 90's it was "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam.

2000's Marilyn Manson got lots of the blame

I guess it is time for a new song to point a finger at.

my point ? People are humming this song and have no idea what the words are. It is a horrible song, and it should be banned or forced to have a warning label. Inciting people to violence, especially kids is the last thing we need. I am not a bible thumper, but a catchy tune that has a bad message is not a good thing for impressionable youth is not a good thing.

Just to add:

If not for said song, the following monstrosity would have never been created. I dare you to watch the entire song. I guarantee this will damage you for life in ways that cannot be defined in any known language. You tell me what is more damaging, some hipster song or an old school favourite that was mutated into a 1970's monster around the time said hipsters were competing in the canal so to speak. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTNIqJE80nQ

Edited by chbare

my point ? People are humming this song and have no idea what the words are. It is a horrible song, and it should be banned or forced to have a warning label. Inciting people to violence, especially kids is the last thing we need. I am not a bible thumper, but a catchy tune that has a bad message is not a good thing for impressionable youth is not a good thing.

Take your censorship crap some place else. We adults can make our own decisions without your help. I'm going to come over and blare "April 29 1992" by Sublime as loud as I can. You can live in your own little arrogant world where every needs to think and act and believe the way YOU think is right, but you can't force it on others. I'm going to listen to Sublime, and Johnny Cash, and Ice-T and the Geto Boys and NWA, then watch an episode of Scarface and Saving Private Ryan, and then go back to being a very peaceful individual. Just because your brainless, coddled, infantilized generation doesn't know the difference between what comes out of the radio or TV or Xbox and real life doesn't mean the rest of us don't.

Edited by Asysin2leads
  • Like 3

It has no direct connection to the original song that was posted, but the topic somehow reminded me of that song.

This might not be the kind of music most of you like - but the lyrics are really great. This is more of a critical/depressed/resignating approach on shootings.

This is btw one of my favourite bands.

Edited by Vorenus

I'm no bible thumper either, but what does that have to do with anything? And how do you figure the song has incited violence so far? Got stats? I've yet to find any associated with this song, and I did search.

Please, nobody listen to Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, for fear you might be subliminally coaxed to go drop some acid and hallucinate for a few hours. Nobody should listen to Kurt Cobain either, as he posthumously forced several impressionable teens to commit suicide.

As much as I was bullied and not helped with it, I knew the difference between right and wrong and never stole a gun and went on a shooting rampage at my junior high school.

Besides, most things we watch in theaters or on TV, or video games people play would likely do way more to promote the sort of violence we seem to be referring to here.

Just to add:

If not for said song, the following monstrosity would have never been created. I dare you to watch the entire song. I guarantee this will damage you for life in ways that cannot be defined in any known language. You tell me what is more damaging, some hipster song or an old school favourite that was mutated into a 1970's monster around the time said hipsters were competing in the canal so to speak. Enjoy!

I knew Steve Martin was strange, but wow ...

Edited by Siffaliss

Because most of you heterosexuals like to procreate and then abandon your wife and kid, leaving the child to be raised by no one (because the mom is at work all the time), you have to protect children from these influences. Violent songs create violent actions, especially in the young.

This falls into the "who" category. And kindly don't make your broad generalizations here...they are neither wanted or correct. Climb down off said soapbox and let the adults play for awhile. Oh yeah...here's a boohoo for you too.