Heterosexual pride day! Good idea or bad?

Just Plain Ruff

Yes, your accent is formed by who you associate with. In the south US you have the southern drawal, in Boston you got the BAAAAAAAsTon accent, in New York you got the "Yo" accent (and the new york alphabet: fu**in A, fu**in B, fu**in C), the midwest has its mennisoooooota accent. So, I have a gay accent because of who I associate with.

So does this mean that if I started hanging out with you and your friends I would over time develop a "gay accent"?

• Like 1

I don't believe that explanation, if that was the case then I'd have a southern drawal accent with equal parts mid-westerner yet I've been told that I have a singular mid-western accent.

And my friend James who is as gay a flamer that he is would be more flamboyant but he isn't. He speaks with a chicago accent and not a hint of gay accent.

The black guys I've worked with have spoken quite well yet grew up in the hood of central KC MO all the while I'm sure they were talking ghetto or "black speak" but they don't talk that way now.

You are saying that it's learned? By equal parts it can be unlearned I guess.

Hows it going eh, whas with that on the rooof, pass dah beers and back bacon eh, a boot what time should I pick up ?

An where yah too, ma .. I'll come to where urine at, lord thunderin jesus dah weather blows tday, wers u rubbers ma.

OMG a gay accent that is hilarious .. I know 2 Gay FF that would kick the crap out of you for that, did I mention they were GAY ?

I doubt you would pick it up as an adult, I think it needs to be more in your formative years. Bust as far as you Captain you probably do have a mix of all, my current EMT partner was raised in Tennessee but lived up north for many years, and he definitely has a little bit of both, southerners hear the yankee, yankees hear his southern.

Guess it depends on the company, too.

When I`m at work with certain colleagues, I`m speaking the deepest middle-german accent. When speaking to someone unknown, more like formal german.

Same with English - switiching between some kind of german influenced (guess I imagine it to be less than it really is ;) ) british or american English.

Promises Promises !!!!!  But shame on you for justifying that you can be cured of GAYDOMEAnd how do you think the term Gaydar came about ? Why do so many people think Travolta, Gear, and cruise are gay when they show no "gayness". I just might be one of those that lights up the gaydar like them.

Edited by flamingemt2011

There is no doubt in my mind that my GAYDAR would fire in all sides if I met you but that makes no difference as to whether I would like or dislike you. To me Gay people are just that, people.