Celebrity's Personal Paramedic

I have worked on major Hollywood Movie's sets .. PASS !

late edit A well quoted Hollywoodism: "Why tell the truth when a lie works just as well."

Would rather survive on mac and cheese for the rest of my life .. you are considered a disposable commodity PERIOD.

Edited by tniuqs

The bigger issue I see is, who is going to sign off as your medical director?

Issue 1. Issue 2 is would standard EMS laws, protocols, and polices also apply? I think this would be much easier using an RN than a paramedic given the practice legalities involved.

Yes croaker, EMTs/medics work in all kinds of non-ambulance roles: Sports Medicine, Urgent Cares, ERs, Nursing Homes, Private Sitters, Draw Labs and do EKGs for health/life insurance providers, prisons, fixed wing air medical, factory safety officers, so this is not out of the realm of possiblity.

However many of those positions are not working off of their EMT or paramedic license. The job description requirement is more for the knowledge base than the legal authorization to provide otherwise restricted services.

Edited by JPINFV

Sounds like a sweet gig. Most of my patients are of doubious moral character as well as my friends so what the heck. Too complicated on the legal side to pull off in the real world.

There are all kinds of cool jobs in the world; Paris Hilton's for example. We could debate the moral/ethical values of each one and get into some pretty murky waters. I had a high paying high flying job for many years - when it became too difficult to look myself in the mirror I found something else to do.

A job as a personal paramedic to a celebrity would set my moral compass in gyroscope mode and imperil my immortal soul. Cowardice? Perhaps, but this is one challenge I would back down from.

There are all kinds of cool jobs in the world; Paris Hilton's for example. We could debate the moral/ethical values of each one and get into some pretty murky waters. I had a high paying high flying job for many years - when it became too difficult to look myself in the mirror I found something else to do.

A job as a personal paramedic to a celebrity would set my moral compass in gyroscope mode and imperil my immortal soul. Cowardice? Perhaps, but this is one challenge I would back down from.

Come on Mrs. Magnet! We all know you are fearless.

All kidding aside, those that might be brazen would probably do it out of naivite. Once you have been to the puppet show and seen the strings the perspectives shift. Yes Ma'am, the puppet show will definitely change your view on things.

• Like 1

I have worked on major Hollywood Movie's sets .. PASS !

I was going to mention movie/TV set medics,but ya beat me to it.

I believe we've had a similar string. Supposedly, clubs known almost as much for the drug use therin as by the celebs that were clubbers there, would have non-9-1-1 ambulances on standby near a rear entrance, out of site of the papparazi, so when someone, inevitably, would collapse due to either being drunk, or use of recreational pharmaceuticals, there would be no record by the LEOs via a 9-1-1 call. The private duty ambulance crew would handle, and privacy laws would prevail.

I was going to mention movie/TV set medics,but ya beat me to it.

I believe we've had a similar string. Supposedly, clubs known almost as much for the drug use therin as by the celebs that were clubbers there, would have non-9-1-1 ambulances on standby near a rear entrance, out of site of the papparazi, so when someone, inevitably, would collapse due to either being drunk, or use of recreational pharmaceuticals, there would be no record by the LEOs via a 9-1-1 call. The private duty ambulance crew would handle, and privacy laws would prevail.

No harm in that.

Now if only Amy Winehouse would have had a private duty medic.

And Conrad Murry just got 4 years in prison. Bend over Conrad and do the moonwalk.

Say for example if Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Nic Gage, Robin Williams or Hillary Skank fall down go boom .. do you want to be putting a C Collar on and LSB them ?

What if they "pull a shoulder muscle" and DEMAND controlled Benzos (heck maybe to take the "edge" off) or have cough due to viral infection and DEMAND they need antibiotics ?

Do you have a protocol for prophylactic ETOH withdrawal ? perhaps a protocol for lines of desciacted Ketamine OD ? or Salvia anyone ?

Then its one thing to treat within the confines of the US border but when your deployed to a developing nation because they have their own Citation X or Lear 55 to flash anywhere, it becomes a completly new set of rule books .. just saying unless one has a great Medical Director and a lawyer on retainer .. you are walking a tightrope daily.

Again PASS.

Ok one exception I would be pleased as punch to be Charlie Sheens personal "Medic" :punk:

cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.