11/ 11/11 2011

tniuqs

I did not see the original post, so this is all I know:

"Also pray that the evil muslims in the world do not do anything stupid today."

Guess what? I am going to defend flaming. The operative words here are "evil muslims".

Unless there is more to it, I agree with that statement. Nowhere does it say ALL muslims are evil. Nowhere does it say that ALL muslims should die.

I will take that sentence at face value, assuming there was no other intent, nor was there more to the deleted post that changed the context of that statement.

Flame away, folks.

Herbie, I didn't delete the post because I felt it was patently evil, but because, to me, and to a few others that reported it, it didn't seem to be a sincere prayer.

It appeared to be placed in a thread that was unquestionably meant to honor those that have died defending their respective countries to do what most of his posts appear to be intended to do, distract from the topic and draw attention to himself.

On this day, and in this thread, I was unwilling to allow him to do that.

Dwayne

Herbie, I didn't delete the post because I felt it was patently evil, but because, to me, and to a few others that reported it, it didn't seem to be a sincere prayer.

It appeared to be placed in a thread that was unquestionably meant to honor those that have died defending their respective countries to do what most of his posts appear to be intended to do, distract from the topic and draw attention to himself.

On this day, and in this thread, I was unwilling to allow him to do that.

Dwayne

Well, unfortunately I am too familiar with the EVIL Muslims, and it does directly relate to the topic at hand. One of those EVIL Muslims killed my nephew and another guy from his unit. Today is the one year anniversary of when we buried him.

Like I said-taken at FACE VALUE, there is nothing in that statement that is derogatory or stereotypical to all Muslims. I do not deny this poster's inflammatory history, but looking back to some of the posts from crochity, I think he crossed the line many times too. Without that "evil" there as a qualifier, I would wholeheartedly agree with you. Maybe his intent was exactly as you infer, but in this case, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I am well aware of my bias on this issue, but that being said, I still believe that sentence- taken as it was written, was not inappropriate, nor was it inflammatory.

Regardless- it's your call, you are the moderator.

To all my fellow veterans : May you have a day of peace and solitude. Let us remember all of our comrade that gave their ALL in support of our values.

Pray that todays wars will be the war to end all wars and let us have peace across the globe.

Dwayne: You have my vote in keeping a thread of respect on track. Thank you !

herbie: I can feel your loss as my brother in law was sent home in a box from afghanistan this July. That doesn't mean we should allow a thread of respect to turn into a circus of dissent or disruption from our honoring those that gave their all.

Edited by island emt

To all my fellow veterans : May you have a day of peace and solitude. Let us remember all of our comrade that gave their ALL in support of our values.

Pray that todays wars will be the war to end all wars and let us have peace across the globe.

Dwayne: You have my vote in keeping a thread of respect on track. Thank you !

herbie: I can feel your loss as my brother in law was sent home in a box from afghanistan this July. That doesn't mean we should allow a thread of respect to turn into a circus of dissent or disruption from our honoring those that gave their all.

My sincere condolences to you and your family on your loss. Unfortunately I know how you must feel.

Not the best version by a long shot, but listen to the lyrics.

For the ausitralian NAM vets that society conveniently forgets

Tens of thousands of australians have died all over the world in and not limetd too the first and second boer war, Boxer rebellion, Zulu Wars, Sudan, Maori wars, WW1, Russian civil war, WW2, Occupation of Japan, Malaya, Korea, Vietnam, East Timor, Afghanistan, Iraq.

Society shits me, we like waving banners until the body count rises then we whinge that we should bring the boys home

"our return did not appear popular, and i gathered too many of us had returned home"

unknwon NSW soldier in 1885

Edited by BushyFromOz
  • Like 2

I posted this video last November; I want to repost it this year and follow it with another related song:

I would like to thank every soldier, salor, and airman (both men and women) who served before me, with me and that will serve after me. Your country owes you a debt that they will never be able to pay. While some of us are honored, and called hero; those who have served their country have always been and always will be my heroes.

To my military brothers and sisters, the civilian population is notorious for having a short memory. For every civilian that has forgotten WHY you answered the call of service to your country; those that will condemn you for wearing the uniform of the greatest military on earth...those that will curse you and the deeds that you were called upon to perform; remember that there are two people that not only support you, but cherish and thank you for having the courage to answer that call!

* Edited to include the commentary after the second video.

Edited by Lone Star
  • Like 1

listen to the words

Edited by craig
  • Like 1

Thank God we got back on the right track, bless you Bushy, I didn't know of the contributions of the Oz in VN

craig ... great contribution, thank you

Lone Star you graduated to Rock Star, ok more like C+ W Star.

I am very much enjoying the musical and lyrical additions on this years EMT City tribute to our friends family and those we never will have the privilege and humbling experience to shake hands with.

Any other musical contributions out there ?

AND Ak .. You keep your stick on the ice man (a kanukistanianism) for be safe "over there" my friend.

cheers

Edited by tniuqs

My sincere condolences to you and your family on your loss. Unfortunately I know how you must feel.

Thank you Herbie: as You well know , it's not easy coming to grips with the loss of a family member anytime. But to have them killed so far from home makes the loss even harder. Still dealing with the paperwork and getting his belongings back from the sandbox.

It's been very hard on my wife and her elderly parents these past few months.

Lone Star you are my hero: thanks for a well spoken tribute to ALL of us Vets. We all give a lot in defense of freedoms that many take for granted.

Ed