Chicago Fire

crotchitymedic1986

I can't say we are much better. The difference is we don't have guilt down here, we have victims.

Actually the only ones who have the guilt are those with the victim mentality.

WE have the guilt and it's up to the victims(and the courts) to point that guilt out.

• Like 1

I am not ensenuating that anyone in this room is racist, I simply reported that the courts found that the Chicago FD had a racist test, and made them hire people they excluded. If you have a problem with that, take it up with the courts.

AND TO HELP ALL OF YOU UNDERSTAND THAT RACISM DOES EXIST IN MOST WHITE PEOPLE, CHRIS ROCK SAID IT BEST, I WILL PARAPHRASE

THERE IS NOT ONE WHITE PERSON IN THE U.S. THAT WOULD TRADE THEIR SKIN AND BECOME BLACK. YOU COULD BE THE POOREST WHITE TRASH, LIVING IN A BOX, EATING DOG FOOD, AND YOU WOULD NOT TRADE YOUR PLACE IN SOCIETY TO BECOME BLACK, NOT EVEN A RICH BLACK PERSON.

If you speak honestly, you will agree, and that is where the hidden or institutional racism comes from. Think about it for awhile, then ask, if I would never accept being black, date a black, or kiss a black, how do i keep that subconscious bias from leaking into other areas ?

Chances are if you detest obese people, you will not hire them (ever see a 300lb receptionist in an office building). Same is true of black folks. And if you remember I posed the question once before, out of everyone in this room, how many of you have a black supervisor at work ? I think 2 said they did (maybe 3, but it was single digits).

I am not ensenuating that anyone in this room is racist, I simply reported that the courts found that the Chicago FD had a racist test, and made them hire people they excluded. If you have a problem with that, take it up with the courts.

AND TO HELP ALL OF YOU UNDERSTAND THAT RACISM DOES EXIST IN MOST WHITE PEOPLE, CHRIS ROCK SAID IT BEST, I WILL PARAPHRASE

THERE IS NOT ONE WHITE PERSON IN THE U.S. THAT WOULD TRADE THEIR SKIN AND BECOME BLACK. YOU COULD BE THE POOREST WHITE TRASH, LIVING IN A BOX, EATING DOG FOOD, AND YOU WOULD NOT TRADE YOUR PLACE IN SOCIETY TO BECOME BLACK, NOT EVEN A RICH BLACK PERSON.

If you speak honestly, you will agree, and that is where the hidden or institutional racism comes from. Think about it for awhile, then ask, if I would never accept being black, date a black, or kiss a black, how do i keep that subconscious bias from leaking into other areas ?

Chances are if you detest obese people, you will not hire them (ever see a 300lb receptionist in an office building). Same is true of black folks. And if you remember I posed the question once before, out of everyone in this room, how many of you have a black supervisor at work ? I think 2 said they did (maybe 3, but it was single digits).

I guess I missed the part where I should WANT to be someone else. ANYONE else, for that matter. That type of mentality makes no sense to me. How about being the best person YOU can be and not worrying about being someone or something you are not?

Stop celebrating victimhood, crochity. It's not noble, you don't get points for being a martyr, nor does it ever help you get ahead in life.

I am who I am- for better or worse. If I have flaws or problems I work to change them and improve myself. I think it's ridiculous to spend your life wanting to be someone else. Envy and jealousy are very ugly and nonproductive traits.

Get off the damn pity pot already. That act has long since gotten stale and old.

• Like 1

Doesn't that define racism ? Do the exam papers have a spot (where one puts in ones name) that asks "what colour are you" ?

STATEMENT:

Hiring based on gender, ethic origin, religious affiliation (or headdress) based on the breakdown of " the aforementioned" is without a shadow of doubt, political correctness at its finest and a means to end that will result in the failure of the concept called multiculturalism.

cheers

ps Crotch your right again, thanks for enlightening all of we white racists.

I haven't a clue if they ask for a color (he would put white), but you missed the point of the statement and that was my son who is a minority in some eyes has taken the stance of, I will strive for the highest not the lowest denominator.

There are so many types of racism its pathetic, I just go along in life and if I offend someone I say Im sorry, seems to work for me anyways.

Every one have a nice day even you crotch :wave:

Well since the court decided discrimination occurred, I doubt there would be any difference if the racist are allowed to choose again. I know you white people hate to hear when you have been caught again, but justice might actually be served here.

You white people? Take a look in the mirror and you'll be staring racism right in the face.

sensitive subject for me

how do you think these guys will get treated at the firehouse? guys are already talking about black listing them at the houses

Well lets hope that if they black list them they are the ones punished. You cant make them socialize off hours or be best friends but I would hope that the guys are mature enough to work WITH them.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.