Chicago Fire

crotchitymedic1986

Or.. They could take the last ten academy classes, and hire the best possible (score, fitness and performance) candidates from each class, say about ten each. Without knowing what color their skin is.

• Like 1

This will really solve all of Chicago's problems: NOT !

Let's force them to hire 111 people that didn't score in the hiring range over more qualified folks.

On top of that give a bunch of other losers cash payouts for not being smart enough to test well on a fair entrance exam.

I don't care whether an applicant is green , red , white ,yellow, black, or some combination thereof.

If you don't get a passing score on the entrance exam, you don't get hired.

This is not about equal opportunity, It's about lowering the standards so minorities can get hired.'

Reverse discrimination at it's finest!

• Like 2

You know, I've done a lot of thinking and I've come to this conclusion

We should all be pissed off when a more qualified applicant regardless of their race is passed over because a minority person who did not score as well gets the job.

I do take issue with the department not taking into account the other couple of tests which the black applicants did very well on apparantly.

So why didn't they do that? My conspiracy theory brain is befuddled but my suspicion is that this whole thing was racist, the only score used was the written test. The whites probably did very very well on that test while they did very very poorly or didn't do as well as the blacks.

They threw out the lower scores of the physical tests and only used the written.

Hey at least they hired on a curve.

You are right, the court found that there was discrimination here, but you only seem to get upset when white people dont get hired. Go figure ?

Would you be as outraged if the tables were turned and it was a bunch of white guys who didn't get hired because they threw out the written tests and just used the physical agility/ability scores which apparantly the black applicants did better on than their white counterparts?

Would you be as outraged if the tables were turned and it was a bunch of white guys who didn't get hired because they threw out the written tests and just used the physical agility/ability scores which apparantly the black applicants did better on than their white counterparts?

Not likely ruff, he only cherry picks the bits that suits him.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.