Chicago Fire

crotchitymedic1986

All of those things you pointed out have nothing to do with race (tractors, stoops, cannoli, etc). They just have to do with what part of the country you grew up in and that has nothing to do with race. Anyone that doesn't know what a cannoli is doesn't deserve the job anyways.

Anybody who has seen the movie "The Godfather" knows what a cannoli is.

I have refrained from posting on this topic. Quite frankly, I'm sick of reading this crap constantly from our poor misguided comrade. Every post is the same. "Y'all won't hire me 'cause I's black" or, "Society is always putin' down the black man". Blah, blah, blah.

If you don't expect to be coddled, then you won't feel you were passed over unfairly. Suck it up and study harder for the next time. Get over it. Take a litlle responability for yourself, I know, foriegn concept.

• Like 3

So it is well known that in the US and in Canada expect to have lower scores on apptitude tests with their minorities. So my son who is Haida (or Status Indian) has attended a RCMP information meeting and he was told there that if you are of first nations your test score has to be this number which is lower that if you are white. His response is that his white side is going to take the test..........

Just because you can have lower scores dosnt mean that is what you should strive for. Here (which is all I can speak for) our schools system is run to the lower denominator, so there for the kids that want to learn to a higher standard are screwed, but again with that being said, I personally think that if a child wants to learn they will find a way, for example the young man that has been my boys friend for years was the sucessful applicant for a full scolorship in Hawaii, and he got it because he worked hard at school even if ment he had to do his academic courses by corespondence. We all make choices no matter what color our skin is.

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world".- Jack Layton.

Not that Im big on politians but these are the last words written by Mr. Jack Layton and I think it is appropriate for all races to live by........I certainly do try

Edited by Happiness

During a slow shift I decided to look to see if I could find examples of this racist test and I came across a few interesting things. First, when the city first announced the test, the passing score on the written was 64. After the results were in, the raised the passing score to 89. This cut out a large number of minorities. Was this done to stop black people from becoming FFs or to make the FDs job easier so they didn't have to go through so many applications? I can't answer that one. Here is a blog entry from a person with 2 strikes against her (she's black and female) but doesn't have a victim mentality.

http://lashawnbarber.com/archives/2005/03/26/racist/

ooooh, just read one of the bloggers addendums.

Hey Crotchity, why are you not outraged that the scores have to be lowered? why are you not outraged that the original passing score was 64???

64% is failing in any school I know of. Why are you not pissed that the test givers felt that they had to lower the score so far?

You seem only to be pissed that the black man was put down and oppressed and that's why it's racist.

I think the underlying issue is this, why was the passing score originally 64%? Doesn't it make you mad that in order to pass the test you had to fail it first?

So my son who is Haida (or Status Indian) has attended a RCMP information meeting and he was told there that if you are of first nations your test score has to be this number which is lower that if you are white.

Doesn't that define racism ? Do the exam papers have a spot (where one puts in ones name) that asks "what colour are you" ?

STATEMENT:

Hiring based on gender, ethic origin, religious affiliation (or headdress) based on the breakdown of " the aforementioned" is without a shadow of doubt, political correctness at its finest and a means to end that will result in the failure of the concept called multiculturalism.

cheers

ps Crotch your right again, thanks for enlightening all of we white racists.

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is responsible for enforcing federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.

This is taken from the EEOC's website (bold is my emphasis). So, if CFD is being required to hire a certain number of minorities, isn't that discriminating against people who are white, based on their color?

Not in Canada, a white >40 y/o Male (Euro-Canadian) protestant, is not included in our Human Rights definition ... pitty eh ?

No argument here ..

We are so PC its retarded, because we feel so guilty because that our political forefathers treated so many, so poorly 200 years ago, or maybe just too much back bacon that makes one insane ?

Two wrongs never make a "Right"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.