Stage Collapses

tniuqs

Dear Members:

Well with now another G Damn stage has happened now in Indiana, count 5 dead 40 injured .. One in Ottawa this year and one near Edmonton 2009...one dead, 23 injured.

I am pretty certain why that one went down, I have pictures of the failure of I beam where a reinforced gusset would have "likely" at least helped prevent a catastrophic failure and I am no rocket surgeon, note balliest block placement ... a boy scout knows better !

post-8540-0-72496900-1313369738_thumb.jp

Fact remains that until the engineers to "get it right". Stop the shows, I will be writing a letter to my government officials that my fn'ing tent is bloody stronger that and these so called Stages, the engineers responsible should be in jail waiting for results of the investigation as these are no longer rare fluke events.

I would like to encourage all of you to do the same, as we are the ones that end up dealing with these very "preventable" wrecks, deaths and subject we the EMS and Fire Rescue in serious jeopardy crawling around in the mud, debris and crushed bodies.

EMS across borders for safer communities.

the end

Edited by tniuqs

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And summer T storms are not expected in North America ?

Absolutely no excuse for poor engineering, it wasn't tornadoes or hurricanes that brought these down .. like I said my tent stood up to it in you know were.

As someone who also works in the live entertainment industry and have friends on the summer festival circuit, I would suggest that the culprit in these cases is less likely to be the actual engineering of the portable stages, but corners cut in the on site installation. I personally know a professional rigging company who's work I would never stand underneath, and yet, they keep getting hired for gigs ...

If a Thunderstorm could collapse a structure, I wouldn't be living in a four and a half story, completely wooden, 127y/o building.

Edited by 2c4

Yep, clearly the wind. I'd say that was an unusually strong breeze, though. Maybe a straight line wind or down burst?

The roof must have acted like a kite, lifted, collapsed. I hadn't seen any videos, I've been busy all week/weekend.

The collapse, per the NYC TV news reports, puts it with 70 something MPH wind gusts, and not evacuating the area as a precaution sooner than they allegedly did, on getting NOAA U S Weather Service forcasts.