The Psychology of Revenge: Why We Should Stop Celebrating Osama Bin Laden's Death

scubanurse

Sorry, but there IS evil in this world. Does anyone think we aren't better off being rid of people like John Wayne Gacy, Hitler, Sadam, OBL, Ted Bundy, or any one of dozens of other mass murderers?

Justice, revenge, the price of war- it's just a name. Does any nation- besides die hard pacifists- really think less of the US because of what we did to OBL? Even the "real" Muslims are happy this guy is burning in hell right now.

Call me a thug, unevolved, vicious, vengeful- whatever. I have no problem with ridding the world of someone who has gleefully accepted credit for killing over 3000 innocent men, women, and children.

The terrorists don't need another reason to hate us- they already hate everything about us and they have repeatedly sworn they are mortal enemies, and if this triggers another attack- so be it. Does anyone really think they weren't already planning something else? We have broken up multiple plots since 9/11, and many more that will never be publically known.

Celebrate? Depends on your definition. Cheering in the streets- well, I do not agree with that, but hoisting a drink to honor those who died on 9/11, and to everyone involved in the fight against terrorism?

Absolutely, and the first round is on me. I would be proud to buy that entire Navy Seal Team a round as a thank you for what they did.

• Like 2

Are we celebrating the death of Osama Bin Laden or cheering that good has triumphed over evil. And should we feel guilty for being glad that a know killer and tormentor of our people is dead. I can agree with many that we (America) stick our nose where it don't belong, but if you hurt me or mine I will hunt you down and kill you and feel great accomplishment in doing it. To the 'SEAL' team as well as all the servicemen serving our country thank you.

• Like 1

I am not celebrating - why you ask?

Because logic tells me we cannot be expected to believe that in an election year and when black bastard is seemingly unpopular suddenly Osama gets killed but his body is dumped at sea and no photos are released because it might be a bit too gruesome yet it is acceptable for one to see JFK's head get blown apart in the Zapruder film and in the decade since 9/11 no other terrorist activity has taken place because the stupid fuckers at the TSA who failed to find something like 90% of all planted test explosives have somehow prevented another one?

Kiwi smells something awful foul here

Oh no never mind, we CAN be expected to believe it because most of the population are too ferking stupid to believe anything else than what the TV tells them.

Edited by kiwimedic

I am not celebrating - why you ask?

Because logic tells me we cannot be expected to believe that in an election year and when black bastard is seemingly unpopular suddenly Osama gets killed but his body is dumped at sea and no photos are released because it might be a bit too gruesome yet it is acceptable for one to see JFK's head get blown apart in the Zapruder film and in the decade since 9/11 no other terrorist activity has taken place because the stupid fuckers at the TSA who failed to find something like 90% of all planted test explosives have somehow prevented another one?

Kiwi smells something awful foul here

Oh no never mind, we CAN be expected to believe it because most of the population are too ferking stupid to believe anything else than what the TV tells them.

Kiwi, whatever your political ideology, the race of President Obama is an unimportant and irrelevant aspect to his presidency, and bringing it up the way you just did is unbecoming of you and is a step backwards from the level of integrity and character you generally show.

Kiwi, whatever your political ideology, the race of President Obama is an unimportant and irrelevant aspect to his presidency, and bringing it up the way you just did is unbecoming of you and is a step backwards from the level of integrity and character you generally show.

I cannot speak for Kiwi here, but to many of his supporters, race is the reason most often cited as why someone is opposed to Obama's policies. THAT is a step backwards to me. We are supposed to be post racial thanks to the election of a black president, yet many of those who constantly play the race card are the ones who claim race should not be a factor. By the numbers, most of who voted for Obama were white since only 12% of the country is black, so playing the race card is a disingenuous dodge.

Why is it so unfathomable to Obama-ites that folks simply disagree with his policies, his agenda, and his political/social ideology?

I cannot speak for Kiwi here, but to many of his supporters, race is the reason most often cited as why someone is opposed to Obama's policies. THAT is a step backwards to me. We are supposed to be post racial thanks to the election of a black president, yet many of those who constantly play the race card are the ones who claim race should not be a factor. By the numbers, most of who voted for Obama were white since only 12% of the country is black, so playing the race card is a disingenuous dodge.

I agree with you.

Why is it so unfathomable to Obama-ites that folks simply disagree with his policies, his agenda, and his political/social ideology?

It shouldn't be. And I don't think that race is Kiwi's point of contention with him, which is why it shouldn't have been brought up at all and why nobody on either side of the fence should bring it up. It's irrelevant. Like him, hate him, whatever, but do so on the quality of his character and on his policies, not on his race.

I do not agree with Kiwi's racist statements, but I do agree with him on the conspiracy issues. I honestly believe we killed him in Tora Bora and have hid his body in Area 51, until such time as it was needed. The Birther issue was just getting fired up, when suddenly Osama is dead, and the birther issue dies with it. Why was it that the details have changed so much regarding the raid (he was armed and shooting it out, he had no gun, he used wife as shield, wife attacked, he had a temple wound, he was shot in the chin) ? Why cant we see pictures, we have seen much worse ? Why bury him at sea ?

I think Obama was just doing what he always does, his natural instinct is to paint everything in a liberal's view, but he lives in George Bush world. The conflicting statements were probably more about time and distance, and political spin, I do not think there is a conspiracy here.